The Fresh Beat Band
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
|The Fresh Beat Band|
|Also known as||The JumpArounds|
|Genre||Live Action, Kids edutainment|
|Format||Kids TV Series|
|Created by||Scott Kraft
Nadine van der Velde
|Developed by||Alice Prodanou
Nadine van der Velde
|Written by||Scott Kraft
Nadine van der Velde
Carla Waddles Banks
|Directed by||Scott Kraft
Savage Steve Holland
Jody Margolin Hahn
Shayna Rose (2007-2011)
Tara Perry (2011-)
|Theme music composer||Matter Music|
|Opening theme||The Fresh Beat Band Theme
|Ending theme||Great Day
The Fresh Beat Band Theme Instrumental
|Country of origin||USA|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||40 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Scott Kraft; Nadine van der Velde|
|Producer(s)||Jim Kukucka; Susan Nessanbaum-Goldberg; Chris Robinson|
|Editor(s)||Mitch Sinoway; Cindy Parisotto|
|Location(s)||Paramount Studios, Hollywood, California, U.S.A.|
|Cinematography||Tim Gonuos; Carlos Gonzalez (DP)|
|Production company(s)||Nickelodeon Productions|
|Distributor||CBS Television Distribution|
|Original channel|| Nickelodeon
Nickelodeon, Nick Jr.
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|First shown in||August 24, 2009|
|Original run||August 24, 2009 – present|
The Fresh Beat Band (formerly The JumpArounds) is a children's TV show with original pop songs produced for Nick Jr. The Fresh Beats are Shout, Twist, Marina, and Kiki, described as four best friends in a band who go to music school together and love to sing and dance. The show was filmed at Paramount Studios in Los Angeles, California.
All episodes follow the same basic structure:
- Each episode begins with a song that foreshadows a problem that the band will solve.
- The band works together to solve the problem.
- When the problem is solved they perform a song with the problem and solution incorporated into the lyrics.
- Each episode concludes with a version of The Fresh Beat Band's closing song, "Great Day".
- The main characters dance to choreography by Mandy Moore; Sean Cheesman; Chuck Maldonado; Scotty Nguyen; Dreya Weber; Mary Ann Kellogg; Nakul Mahajan; Mihran Kirakosian; Susan Austin and Fred Tallaksen.
- Harper the Pizza Maker - owner of the Pizza Café. Played by Shane Blades.
- Melody the Smoothie Maker - owner of the Groovy Smoothie Shop. Played by Dioni Michelle Collins.
- Reed the Guitar player - owner of the Good Note Music Store, and occasional guitar player. Played by Hadley Fraser (Season 1), and later Patrick Levis in Season 2.
There are also four children known as "The Junior Beats" who are essentially the child equivalent of their grown up counterparts. All can sing and dance, and dress as a corresponding character.
- Ms. Piccolo the Teacher - music school teacher. Played by Monica Lee Gradischek.
During the buildup to the show's debut, the band was initially advertised as The JumpArounds. Commercials promoting the band under that name were in heavy rotation on Nick Jr. prior to the series debut. The change occurred approximately in mid July 2009. The name was revealed on the Nick Jr. website, then made its debut on television.
Nominations and awards
- 26th Annual Imagen Awards Nomination for Best Young Actress/Television : Yvette Gonzalez-Nacer in The Fresh Beat Band 
- Parents Choice 2011 Award: The Fresh Beat Band – Fun Stuff (Ages: 2 – 5 years) 
The Fresh Beat Band: Music From the Hit TV Show was released on January 31, 2012. The album sold 189,000 copies in the US in 2012. A second collection, Vol 2.0: More Music From The Hit TV Show was released on October 9, 2012.
Four singles were released to iTunes; "Great Day" was released on February 2, 2010, "Here We Go" was released on June 28, 2011, "A Friend Like You" was released on September 13, 2011, and "Just Like a Rockstar" was released on November 29, 2011.
|The Fresh Beat Band: Music From the Hit TV Show|
|Studio album by The Fresh Beat Band|
|Released||January 31, 2012|
|Genre||Children's music, Teenpop |
|Label||Viacom International Inc., Legacy Recordings|
|Singles from The Fresh Beat Band: Music From the Hit TV Show|
|1.||"Fresh Beat Band Theme Song"||0:49|
|2.||"Here We Go"||1:53|
|3.||"A Friend Like You"||2:19|
|4.||"Just Like a Rockstar"||2:02|
|5.||"Reach for the Sky"||1:55|
|6.||"I Can Do Anything"||2:01|
|8.||"Music (Keeps Me Movin')"||2:09|
|11.||"Get Up and Go Go"||2:08|
|12.||"Another Perfect Day"||2:12|
|14.||"Stomp the House"||2:15|
|17.||"Friends Give Friends a Hand"||1:20|
|20.||"Sun Beautiful Sun" (Bonus track by the Bubble Guppies)||2:10|
- "The Fresh Beat Band: Trivia". IMDB. Retrieved 18 Nov 2010.
- "Fresh Beat Band Cast". imdb. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- Paul Grein (January 3, 2013). "Chart Watch Extra: Top Albums of 2012". Chart Watch (Yahoo Music). Retrieved January 5, 2013.