|Born||Tara Lyn Subkoff
December 10, 1972
|Years active||1993 - present|
Tara Subkoff (born December 10, 1972) is an American artist, actress, and fashion designer. Tara has acted in over 30 films, including As Good As It Gets, All Over Me, Last Days of Disco, The Notorious Bettie Page, and the new Bennett Miller film: Foxcatcher, starring Channing Tatum, Mark Ruffalo, Steve Carell and Vanessa Redgrave.
Tara began Imitation of Christ[clarification needed] in 2000 with Matt Damhave, enlisting Chloe Sevigny as Creative Director. Every piece was sewn by hand and recycled from vintage, thrift and goodwill shops. Tara created pieces of wearable recycled art with her fashion shows which garnered her a cult following.
Tara has shown at the Paris Couture Shows and she created a ten day installation and continuous performance piece at the Carlton Festival of the Arts in São Paulo, Brazil. She also conceptualized a performance piece in a group show curated by Dimitri Antonitsis in Hydra, Greece.
Tara recently created a large performance / installation piece at the Bortolami Gallery in NYC. The performance consisted of over 50 women aged 7 to 70 years.
Most recently Tara created a performance piece with one opera singer at the United Nations building in NYC.
- When the Bough Breaks (1993) - Jordan Thomas/ Jennifer Lynn Eben
- Freeway (1996) - Sharon
- True Crime (1996) - Liz McConnell
- Black Circle Boys (1997) - Chloe
- All Over Me (1997) - Ellen
- Lover Girl (1997) - Jake Ferrari/ "Candy"
- As Good as It Gets (1997) - Cafe 24 Waitress
- The Last Days of Disco (1998) - Holly
- Mascara (1999) - Daphne
- American Pie (1999) - (uncredited) College Girl
- The Cell (2000) - Julia Hickson
- Teenage Caveman (2002) - Sarah
- Undermind (2003) - Anya
- Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie (2004) - Mouse
- Tanner Hall (film) (2009) - Gwen
- Abandoned (2010 film) (2010) - Nurse Anna
- Future/Perfect (2013), with Milla Jovovich, for the 55th Venice Biennale
- Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman (1994) - Jennifer
- Northern Exposure (1994) - Maggie, age 15
- Kindred: The Embraced (1996) - Cash's girl
- Blondie's "Good Boys" video (2004)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tara Subkoff.|