|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Tamil grass dart|
Taractrocera ceramas, commonly known as the Tamil grass dart, is a butterfly belonging to the family Hesperiidae. It is found from the western Ghats to Bombay, in the hills of southern India and northern Burma.
In India the species occurs from sea level up to heights of 1,100 metres along grassy roads on jungle-covered slopes, and above 2,000 metres, where it avoids scrub and jungle and is very fond of the sunshine.
- Taractrocera ceramas ceramas (southern half of India)
- Taractrocera ceramas media Evans, 1934 (southern half of India)
- Taractrocera ceramas nicevillei Watson, 1893 (southern half of India)
- Taractrocera ceramas oberthuri Elwes & Edwards, 1897 (southern half of India)
- Taractrocera ceramas atropunctata Watson, 1896 (north-eastern India, northern Burma)
- Taractrocera ceramas thelma Evans, 1934 (south-eastern China)
- Phylogeny and biogeography of the genus Taractrocera Butler, 1870 (Lepidoptera: Hesperiidae), an example of Southeast Asian-Australian interchange
|This Hesperiinae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|