Tarakeswar (community development block)
তারকেশ্বর সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||119.90 km2 (46.29 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,500/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Arambag|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Tarakeswar|
Tarakeswar (community development block) is an administrative division in Chandannagore subdivision of Hooghly district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Singur and Bhadreswar police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is at Singur. Singur is an urban area under this block.
Tarakeswar is located at.
As per 2001 census, Tarakeswar block had a total population of 162,355, out of which 83,141 were males and 79,214 were females. Tarakeswar block registered a population growth of 11.56 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Hooghly district was 15.72 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per the 2001 census, Tarakeswar block had a total literacy of 56.23 per cent. While male literacy was 77.61 per cent, female literacy was 54.66 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Hooghly district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Hugli district". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Allotment No. 5 for five districts – Cooch Behar, Burdwan, Uttar Dinajpur, Hooghly and Bankura. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Tarakeswar". Local Self-government. Hooghly Zilla Parishad. Retrieved 2011-08-04.