13 June 1965
|Occupation||Film Critic, Film trade analyst|
|Years active||1981– present|
Taran Adarsh (born 13 June 1965) is an Indian film critic, journalist, editor and film trade analyst. He is also a former producer and screenwriter. He is the son of film director and producer, B. K. Taran Adarsh.
Taran Adarsh started his journalism career at the age of 15 as the editor of Trade Guide, a weekly box-office magazine. In 1994, Adarsh produced and wrote a Bollywood film-based serial Hello Bollywood, starring Shehzad Khan and Kashmira Shah. He continued his work on Trade Guide alongside. He is currently an active film critic, journalist and trade analyst on Bollywood Hungama, a leading Bollywood entertainment website.
In 2007, Adarsh was chosen as the host of a new talk show called B BIZ, on which he provides box office collection reports, and interviews renowned celebrities and film-makers from the industry. Commissioned by Bollywood trade channel ETC, the show aired on 7 May 2007, and has simultaneously been featured on Zee TV and Bollywood Hungama as well.
Recently[when?] Taran started a celebrity chat show on Music India called "Talking Cinema With Taran Adarsh" where he meets the who's who of the Indian Film Industry and discusses latest releases, box office collections and reviews.
- Hello Bollywood (1994) - Director, producer and writer
- "Taran Adarsh". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- Bollywood Hungama News Network (4 March 2008). "Taare Zameen Par is the best film of 2007 - Taran Adarsh". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2008-03-22.[dead link]
- Rajesh, Y.P. (12 November 2007). "Bollywood reincarnation spoof takes a festival bow". uk.reuters.com (Reuters). Retrieved 2007-11-17.
- Indiantelevision.com Team (4 May 2007). "ETC presents 'B Biz'". indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 2008-03-22.
|This article about an Indian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Indian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|