Tarar (Urdu: تارڑ) is a "Gotra" of Jat people, meaning a sub-caste of the Jat clan. They are spread out in present day Pakistani Punjab mainly Hafizabad District and Mandi Bahauddin District and Indian states of Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. In 1846 Hafizabad District came under the supervision of British colonial rule, when a settlement of land revenue was effected under order from the provisional government at Lahore. The Jat Muslim Tarar family was made Sardar of Hafizabad city by the British Government during the mid-19th century.
Famous Tarar Jats
Khan Bahadur Ataullah Khan Tarar from Kolo Tarar was the first Muslim member from Punjab in the Viceroy Council under British Rule. He was given the name Shahenshahon ka Shahenshah ( King Of Kings) by the British Governament due to his unique style.
Muhammad Rafiq Tarar English IPA:rəfɪ̈kʰ ʔɑr(ə)ɹ (Urdu: محمد رفیق تارڑ), is a retired associate judge of the Supreme Court of Pakistan and senior jurist who served as the ninth President of Pakistan from January 1, 1998 until voluntarily resigning from the presidency in the favor of General Pervez Musharraf on June 20, 2001.
Saira Afzal Tarar from Kolo Tarar, daughter of Ch Afzal Hissain Tarar, is a Pakistani Politician and a Member of National Assembly of Pakistan currently serving as Minister of State for Health in Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's cabinet. She ran for the Parliament of Pakistan in General elections of 2008 and [[Pakistani general election, 2013|2013]] from Constituency NA-102 on PML-N ticket, winning both times. On 7 June 2013, She was Sworn in as Minister of State for Health in the cabinet of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
Muhammad Tariq Tarar (Urdu: ًمحمد طارق تارڑ) (Tarik, tareq, tarique) date of Birth 13 May 1961 is a Pakistani legislator and a former Member of the National Assembly of Pakistan  from Constituency NA-108 (M.B.Din-I) for the PPP . He is from the village of Raike, Phalia, District Mandi Bahauddin, Punjab.
- "Jatt Clan Names Starting with Alphabet T". jattworld.com. Retrieved Feb 2003.
- "Hafizabad District". WIKIPEDIA. Retrieved jan 2014.
- "Blow to PML-N as Kolo Tarar family supports Bhatti". The News. 7 April 2013.
- Tarar sworn in as Pakistani president, BBC, January 1998
- "Workshop on environmental art". Daily News. 14 April 2004. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "Member of National Assembly of Pakistan". National Assembly of Pakistan. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Sworn in as Minister of State". Nation pk. 7 June 2013. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Election result 2008 & 2013". Geo tv. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Pakistani Politicians Profile Page
- Government Official Website National Assembly of Pakistan
(( "Aina-i-Hafizabad")) by Pt. Hargolal Sharma (Urdu).