Dr. Taras Kuzio (born 1958 in Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK) is an academic and expert in Ukrainian political, economic and security affairs. He has written articles on contemporary Ukrainian issues.
Taras Kuzio received a BA in Economics from the University of Sussex, an MA in Soviet Studies from the University of London and holds a doctorate in political science from the University of Birmingham; he was a postdoctoral fellow at Yale University.
After finishing studies he headed the Ukrainian Press Agency in Great Britain. In 1992-1993 he has worked as a research fellow at the International Institute for Strategic Studies. From 1993-1995 he served as editor of the Ukrainian Business Review and directed the Ukrainian Business Agency. From 1995-1998 he was a senior research fellow with the Center for Russian and Eastern European Studies at the University of Birmingham in England. In 1996 he became a Senior Research Fellow in the Council of Advisers to the Ukrainian Parliament.
In June 1998 he was appointed director of the NATO Information and Documentation Center in Kyiv, Ukraine. He served as a long-term observer for the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe during the 1998 and 2002 parliamentary elections in Ukraine and as a National Democratic Institute observer in the 2004 Ukrainian presidential elections.
In 2004-2006 he was a Visiting Professor in George Washington University's Elliott School of International Affairs' Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (IERES). He was also an Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation Visiting Fellow at the Center for Transatlantic Relations, School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University, in Washington D.C.
He is author and editor of many books and articles published in a wide range of academic journals on post-Soviet and Ukrainian politics, inter- national relations, and nationalism. He writes regularly for the Jamestown Foundation’s Eurasian Daily Monitor, Oxford Analytica, and Jane's Information Group.
- The Crimea: Europe's Next Flashpoint?, Brookings Institution Press, 2011, ISBN 9780983084204
- Theoretical and Comparative Perspectives on Nationalism, Ibidem, 2008, Soviet and Post-Soviet Politics and Society (SPPS) Vol.71, ISBN 9783898218153
- Taras Kuzio: Ukraine - Crimea – Russia, Triangle of Conflict. Ed. by. Andreas Umland, Ibidem, 2007, ISBN 9783898217613
- Taras Kuzio, Robert Kravchuk, Paul J. D'Anieri: Politics & Society in Ukraine - Westview PR, 1999, ISBN 9780813335384
- "Taras Kuzio". Kyiv Post. Kyiv Post. July 24, 2009. Archived from the original on June 13, 2011. Retrieved 2009-08-19.
- New Kyiv Information Officer appointed, June 5, 1998
-  Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies, Elliott School of International Affairs
-  Kuzio at the Center for Transatlantic Relations of Johns Hopkins University
-  Articles by Taras Kuzio
-  Kuzio's web site
- Taras Kuzio personal website
- Short biography on NATO website
- Biography on website of the German Marshal Fund of the United States
-  Biography on website of the Center for Transatlantic Relations of Johns Hopkins University
- Articles of Taras Kuzio in Kyiv Post