|Birth name||Taras Harynaldovych Petrynenko|
|Born||10 March 1953|
|Origin||Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union|
|Occupations||Vocalist, Musician, Arranger|
His musical career started in 1969 after his performance on the dance floor with the group Eney, which consisted of students from the music school named after Mykola Lysenko. In 1970 the band debuted on television and almost two years was the undisputed leader of the Ukrainian rock music.
In 1971, Taras created the new group Dzvony, which in 1974 merged with the publicly banned Eney.
After serving in the army Petrynenko was the leader of famous group Mriya, but after they were banned to perform their own songs (particularly «a song about the song»), he with the group Magic Guitars emigrated to Russia. Since 1982 year Petrynenko with the ensemble Red Poppy-Flowers from Tula that at that time consisted exclusively out of the Ukrainian musicians. Here he recorded his first Russian language hits: Dimmed away stars, Pereletnaya ptitsa, I soon come back, but after a short time returned to Ukraine.
In 1991, Petrynenko began to record for the Audio Ukraine album Lord, have mercy on us, which was completed only two yearsv later. The reason for that was the breakup of the band Hrono as the accompanying musicians simply did not return from the foreign tour. But this did not reflect on the quality of the album and by the results of 1993 it was the best in Ukraine.
In 1995, Taras for some time anchored on the central television the program Kolyskova dlia doroslykh. In the summer of 1997 on «Tavria games - VI» Petrynenko received the All-Ukrainian Prize in music and mass shows, the Golden Firebird, in the nomination the Living Legend.
At the year-end the company Nova Records released the third solo album of Petrynenko Liubov moya, in planning finally to publish the previous one as well. In 1999 the for the personal contribution in the development of the national culture and art and the significant artistic achievements, the solo-vocalist of the concert-creative organizations Kyivschyna, Taras Petrynenko was awarded the title of the People's Artist of Ukraine.
In 2003, the brand Atlantic classified Tarasa Petrynenko to group of rock musicians and issued a collection of his songs as the series Rock Legends of Ukraine.
Most famous works
- Дороги іншої не треба,
- Поки зорить Чумацький Шлях.
- Я йду від тебе і до тебе
- По золотих твоїх стежках.
- Україно, Україно!
- Ти зоря наших надій
- Вірне серце твого сина
- я кладу тобі до ніг.
- (Translation of Ukraine)
- The road of different kind's of no need
- Until there shines the Milky Way (Chumak's Way)
- I walk from you and towards you, now
- On golden kind of your pathways
- Ukraine, oh, our Ukraine
- You are the star of our hopes
- The loyal heart of your native son, here
- I lay it now, right at your feet
- Song Ukraine on the YOUTUBE (Ukrainian)
- Interview with Taras Petrynenko (Ukrainian)
- List of his works and brief biography (Ukrainian)
- Lyrics from Lyubov moya album by Nova Records (Ukrainian)
- Article about him in Kievan Gordon Boulevard with photos (Russian)
- Another site with some photos and brief biography (Ukrainian)