Kinsey while playing with Anadolu Efes
|Shooting guard / Small forward|
March 21, 1984 |
|Listed height||6 ft 6.75 in (2.00 m)|
|Listed weight||189 lb (86 kg)|
|High school||Thomas Jefferson (Tampa, Florida)|
|College||South Carolina (2002–2006)|
|NBA draft||2006 / Undrafted|
|Pro playing career||2006–present|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
- 1 College career
- 2 Professional career
- 3 Career statistics
- 4 Personal life
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Kinsey attended and played collegiately at the University of South Carolina where he helped lead the Gamecocks to two straight NIT championships; averaging 19.4 points, 4.2 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 2.6 steals and shooting 53% from the field in the NIT Tournament.
NIT Championship Game 2005
While a junior at the University of South Carolina, Kinsey was an essential player on the Gamecocks basketball team. As the team made it to the NIT (National Invitation Tournament), they reached the championship game against St. Joseph's University. With less than 6 seconds remaining on the clock, St. Joe's sharpshooter Pat Carroll hit a 3-pointer to tie the game up, 57–57. Kinsey got the inbounds pass for USC, dribbled up court, and fired a 3-pointer that hit nothing but net with 1.3 seconds left to win the NIT for South Carolina, 60–57.
Undrafted out of college, Kinsey played the 2006–07 NBA season for the Memphis Grizzlies, averaging 7.7 points in 48 games. He started 12 games for the Grizzlies, averaging 18.8 points, 4.4 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game.
Kinsey took part in the 2007 NBA Europe Live Tour in Spain. He started the 2007–08 NBA season for the Memphis Grizzlies and played in 11 games for Memphis this season, averaging 3.6 points and 1.1 rebounds in limited action.
After being released by the Grizzlies, Kinsey signed a contract to play in the TBL for the Fenerbahçe Ülker in Turkey. He averaged 9.2 points in 14 regular season games with Fenerbahce Ulker and helped Fenerbahçe Ülker win the Beko Basketball League Finals (the final stage of the Turkish Basketball League regular season.
Kinsey posted averages of 8.8 points on .492 shooting and 2.8 rebounds in 12 Euroleague games helping Fenerbahçe Ülker reach the quarterfinals of Euroleague 2007–08. Kinsey tied for team high in scoring with 12 points in the first game of the best of three game quarterfinal series against Montepaschi Siena.
In the early part of the season, Kinsey usually only played during garbage time. After injuries to starting shooting guard Delonte West and top reserve Sasha Pavlović, Kinsey began playing more and even started a few games and played well until spraining his ankle in a game against Orlando. Kinsey returned following the All-Star game, and once again was the third-string shooting guard as West and Pavlović returned from injury.
Return to Europe
In September 2012, Kinsey signed with the Golden State Warriors of the NBA. However, he did not make the team's final roster. In December, Kinsey signed with Victoria Libertas Pesaro in Italy's Lega Basket Serie A. In April 2013, he signed with Unicaja Malaga.
On September 9, 2013, Kinsey signed a one-year deal with Partizan Belgrade. In the season-opener game victory against Igokea, he debuted by scoring 15 points with a couple of the attractive dunks. In a second week of December, his block on Fenerbahçe's Bogdanović was a top play. In the Euroleague game against Lokomotiv Kuban on January 31, he scored career-high 32 points, while also adding 5 rebounds and 3 steals. In March 2014, he had a season-ending injury in the game against Cibona, when he sprained ankle on his right leg. He had one of the best seasons of his career, averaging career-high 14.8 points, 4.6 rebounds, over 16 games in the Euroleague.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
- Kinsey for Fenerbahçe
- Kinsey joins Fenerbahçe
- "Cavaliers sign former Grizzlies guard Kinsey". sports.espn.go.com. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- "FENERBAHCE brings back Tarence Kinsey". euroleague.net. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- "ANADOLU EFES lands Kinsey". euroleague.net. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- Warriors Sign Four Free Agents
- Warriors Waive Brown, Goulbourne, Jackson and Kinsey
- "Scavolini Banca Marche Pesaro announced Tarence Kinsey". Sportando.net. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Unicaja Malaga signs Tarence Kinsey". Sportando.net. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Terens Kinsi novi je igrač Partizana!" (in Serbian). kkpartizan.rs. Retrieved 9 September 2013.
- "PARTIZAN tabs Euroleague veteran Kinsey". euroleague.net. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- "Partizan briljirao na premijeri". b92.net. Retrieved 7 October 2013.(Serbian)
- "Kinsey's huge block on Bogdanovic leads Euroleague Top 10 Plays". Sportando. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Lokomotiv overcomes Partizan, Kinsey in Belgrade". euroleague.net. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Gotova sezona za Tarensa Kinzija!". b92.net. Retrieved 28 March 2014.(Serbian)
- "Love&HipHop Cast Member Olivia Dating Former NBA Player Tarence Kinsey". fullcourtpumps.com. Retrieved 10 September 2013.