17 April 1978 |
Yerevan, Republic of Armenia
|Political party||Republican Party|
Taron Margaryan was born on April 17, 1978 in Yerevan. In 1995, he left the school number 177 in Avan as an extern pupil and in the same year entered Armenian Academy of Agriculture, graduating in 2001 with a master’s degree in engineering with a specialization in agricultural mechanization. Between 2001-2003, Margaryan worked in Nor Nork territorial division of the state committee of the real estate cadastre attached to the RA government as a leading specialist, then as the head of the division. In 2003, Margaryan was appointed deputy of the head of Bio-resources management agency of the RA Ministry of Nature Protection. In 2005, Margaryan was elected the leader of Avan community of Yerevan. In 2008, he was reelected as leader of Avan community of Yerevan. On May 31, 2009, Margaryan was elected a member of the Council of Elders of Yerevan. On July 7, 2009, Margaryan was unanimously elected the first deputy mayor of Yerevan. On November 15, 2011, Margaryan was elected Mayor of Yerevan by the decision of the Council of Elders of Yerevan. Since 1996 has been a member of the Republican party of Armenia, since 2006 has been a member of RPA Council. Since 1998 has led the RPA territorial organization council of Avan. Since 2005 has been the Chair of the Board of trustees of the charitable fund "Khut". In 2010 was elected а member of EKM (Homeland Defenders Union).
- Anania Shirakatsi medal by the RA President,
- "Garegin Nzhdeh" medal by the RA Ministry of Defense,
- Gold medal by the mayor of Yerevan,
- Gold medal of Agrarian University of Armenia,
- Gold medal of Frityof Nansen and gold medal "Mountainous Armenian Eagle",
- "Sparapet Vazgen Sargsyan" medal by the Homeland Defenders Union.
 Personal life
- During the leadership of Taron Margaryan Avan community was two years on end chosen the best quarter community of the RA.
- Married, has a daughter and three sons.
|Mayor of Yerevan