From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tartarus refers to a deity and place in Greek mythology.
Tartarus may also refer to:
- Tartarus, a Greek New Testament word used for Hell (in Christian belief), derived from the pagan Greek use.
- Tartarus (spider), a genus of spiders in the family Stiphidiidae
- Tartarus, the Latin name of the river Tartaro-Canalbianco in Italy
- HMS Tartarus, the name of three ships of the Royal Navy and one planned one
- Tartarus (Marvel Comics), a Marvel comic book character
- Tartarus (DC Comics), a group of DC comic book supervillains
- Tartarus (Halo), a character in the Halo universe
- Tartarus Press, a limited edition publishing house
- Tartarus, a Dark Guild from Fairy Tail.
In other usage:
- A fictional "hottest point" of the sun in the novel Seven Ancient Wonders
- A fictional planet in the computer game Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
- A fictional planet in the Stargate SG-1 universe
- The artificial person creation and maintenance arcology in Appleseed media
- The name of the tower which is one of the primary locations in the video game Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
- The name of the landship piloted by Malkuthian colonel Jade Curtiss in the PS2 and 3DS video game Tales of the Abyss
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.