|Born||Tarun Kumar Bhatti
January 8, 1983
Andhra Pradesh, India
|Residence||Film Nagar, Hyderabad, India|
|Years active||1990 - present|
|Relatives||Roja Ramani (mother)
Chakrapani Bhatti (father)
Tarun Kumar Bhatti, better known as Tarun (Telugu: తరుణ్), is an Indian film actor who primarily works in Telugu cinema. He has also worked in Tamil and Malayalam cinema. He has garnered the National Film Award for Best Child Artist in 1991, for his work in Mani Ratnam's Anjali. He received the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut – South in 2001.
In the same year, he acted in the Malayalam children's film, Abhayam. The film won the National Film Award for Best Children's Film and Tarun won the Best Child artist Award at the Japanese film festival. He won three Andhra Pradesh state Nandi Award for Best Child Actor.
His first film as a lead actor, Nuvve Kavali, went on to become Tollywood's biggest blockbuster of 2000 and won National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu. He was then starred in blockbuster Romantic films like Priyamaina Neeku, Nuvvu leka nenu lenu, Nuvve Nuvve, Enakku 20 Unakku 18, Punnagai Desam, and Sasirekha Parinayam.
Filmography and Awards
- "38th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Tarun Kumar - On-Spot: Celebrity Cricket League 2". Entertainment.in.msn.com. 2012-01-16. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- maatv. "Tarun Birthday Special". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- Women cannot earn playing cricket
- Nava Vasantham - Review
- Tarun to launch his Pub 'ON'