|Education||The Doon School|
|Alma mater||Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania|
|Known for||Fashion design|
Tarun Tahiliani is a noted Indian fashion designer. He is best known for his ability to infuse Indian craftsmanship and textile heritage with European tailored silhouette. His signature is to combine traditional aesthetics with modern design.
In 2010, Tahiliani claimed an exemption as an artist on his income tax for his design work under section 80 RR of the Indian Income Tax Act. An order by the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal granting status as an artist was contested by the Income Tax (I-T) department, who do not consider Tahiliani an artist.
Of late, Tahiliani has taken on several projects in interior design. He has designed interiors for hotels (such as The Sofala, Goa), restaurants (the Aish at the Park, Hyderabad), resorts and homes, and has even begun to event design for Indian weddings. Tarun Tahiliani is to introduce a designer TV made by Vu Technologies.
Tarun Tahiliani studied at The Doon School and then went on to obtain a degree in Business Management from the Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania. On returning to India, in 1987 he opened the first fashion boutique in India, 'Ensemble'.
- The Rubaiyat
- Kumbhback: has been inspired from the Maha Kumbh Mela. The work is done with a blend of colours which include saffron, Sunset tones, subtle rust, deep red, amber, blue, aubergine, pink and black.
- Singh, Sanghita (8 September 2001). "A tale with twists, turns & Tarun Tahiliani". Times of India. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- Times News Network (30 June 2009). "LFW finale by Tarun Tahiliani". Times of India. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- HINDLEY, AGNIESZKA (18 March 2004). "Couture king". The Hindu. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- Condenast India. "Tarun Tahiliani's Bridal Couture Exposition comes to New Delhi". Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Is fashion designer an artist, asks Bombay high court. DNA India. June 8, 2010.
- "About the Sol". Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- "Fashion’s new façade at the Park Hyderabad". Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- "Tarun Tahiliani makes TV debut". 24 July 2012.
- Designs on the bride : Simply Chennai - India Today
- The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Graphiti | Lord of the ramp
- Mitter, Swapna. "Tarun Tahiliani". Rediff. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- Save the Children India website
- "Designs on the bride". India Today. 2008-11-07. Retrieved 2011-10-18.