Taruna Madan Gupta
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2011)|
|Taruna Madan Gupta|
|Fields||Innate Immunology, Biological Sciences|
|Institutions||National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, NIRRH-ICMR|
|Alma mater||Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Medical Research Council (UK)|
|Doctoral advisor||Dr. P. Usha Sarma|
|Known for||Aspergillosis and Innate Immunity|
|Notable awards||CSIR Young Scientist Award & INSA Young Scientist Award|
Taruna Madan Gupta (Hindi: तरुना मदान गुप्ता) (Taruna Gupta), born on May 14, 1968 at New Delhi, is working as Scientist “D” at National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (NIRRH), Mumbai, India. She has extensively worked on Aspergillosis and lung surfactant proteins and now her research is more focussed on role of innate immunity in host-pathogen interactions.
Education and Personal Life
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) (year 1989, Gold Medalist) - Delhi Institute for Pharmaceutical Education and Research (DIPER), University of Delhi
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) (year 1991, Gold Medalist) - Delhi Institute for Pharmaceutical Education and Research (DIPER), University of Delhi
- Ph.D. - Jointly with Delhi Institute for Pharmaceutical Education and Research (DIPER), University of Delhi and Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB), New Delhi.
She is married to Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Gupta Ph.D., Founder of PUNJ (Psoriasis Undone for New Joy www.thepunj.org), and the couple is happy parenting Urit Gupta (Student at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim). The accomplished happy family lives in Mumbai. Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Gupta is accomplished professional in the area of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs of Medical & In Vitro Diagnostic Devices.
- Post-doctoral research on “Role of lung collectins in genetic predisposition to aspergillosis” as Senior Research Associate at Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB) (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, CSIR), Delhi, India.
- Doctoral & post-doctoral research at Medical Research Council (MRC) Immunochemistry Unit, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK (July 1996- Sep 1996 & July 2000- Sep 2000).
- Scientist “C”  in Allergy and Infectious Diseases Department, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB) (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, CSIR), Delhi, India (2002–2007).
Publications and Patents
Taruna M. Gupta is a prolific author and has published more than 40 peer reviewed journal articles where most of articles have covered the research over fungal aspergilosis and lung surfactant proteins. She has contributed with chapter writings to almost 15 books. She has up to half dozen patents on her credit while many are in pipe line to get awarded.
Awards and Recognitions
- Young Women Bioscientist award from Indian Science Congress Association (year 2004).
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Young Scientist Award (Category -Life Sciences) (Year 2003).
- Indian National Science Academy (INSA) Young Scientist Medal Award (Category -Medical Sciences) (Year 1998).
- "Lab web page of Dr. Taruna M. Gupta".
- "Dr. Taruna M. Gupta on ICMR web site".
- ""The Hindu" news entitled "Breakthrough in Allergy Treatment"". Chennai, India. January 11, 2004.
- "Dr Taruna M. Gupta as scientist in IGIB, Delhi".
- "Publications of Dr. Taruna M. Gupta on BiomedExperts".
- "Publications of Dr. Taruna M. Gupta on Pubmed".
- "Patents listing of IGIB".
- "Patents of Dr. Taruna M. Gupta".
- "Patents of Dr. Taruna M. Gupta on ICMR".
- "CSIR Young Scientist Award, Year 2003".