Tarzan's Savage Fury
|Tarzan's Savage Fury|
|Directed by||Cy Endfield|
|Written by||Hans Jacoby|
|Based on||Characters created by
by Edgar Rice Burroughs
|Distributed by||RKO Pictures|
|Running time||81 minutes|
Tarzan's Savage Fury is a 1952 film starring Lex Barker as Tarzan, Dorothy Hart as Jane, and Patric Knowles. The movie was directed by Cy Endfield. While most Tarzan films of the 1930s, '40s and '50s presented Tarzan as a very different character from the one in Edgar Rice Burroughs' novels, this movie does make some allusions to the novels. It was shot in Chatsworth, California's Iverson Ranch. The film was the first to be directed by Cyril "Cy" Endfield in Britain, after becaming one of the Hollywood exiles during the blacklisting of left-wing film-makers. The film was co-written by Cyril Hume, who'd contributed substantially to the "Tarzan" series back in its bigger budget MGM days.
Tarzan agrees, against his better judgement, to guide British government agents Edwards and Rokov into the land of the Wazuri Tribe, to harvest uncut diamonds for national-defense purposes. But it transpires the agents are secretly criminals who intend to use the gems for their own sinister purposes. 
- Lex Barker as Tarzan
- Dorothy Hart as Jane
- Patric Knowles as Edwards, an English traitor
- Charles Korvin as Rokov, a Russian agent
- Tommy Carlton as Joseph 'Joey' Martin
- Wesley Bly as Native Captive (uncredited)
- Darby Jones as Witch Doctor (uncredited)
- Peter Mamakos as Pilot (uncredited)
- Bill Walker as Native Chief (uncredited)
- "Tarzan's Savage Fury: Detail View". American Film Institute. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- "Tarzan's Savage Fury | Film review and movie reviews". Radio Times. 2014-02-04. Retrieved 2014-05-11.
- "Tarzan's Savage Fury (1952) - Trailers, Reviews, Synopsis, Showtimes and Cast". AllMovie. Retrieved 2014-05-11.
- "Tarzan's Savage Fury Trailer, Reviews and Schedule for Tarzan's Savage Fury | TVGuide.com". Movies.tvguide.com. Retrieved 2014-05-11.
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|