||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (August 2010)|
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Korean Wikipedia. (November 2011)|
Yoon Mi-rae performing at the Lolipop Concert, in May 2010
|Birth name||Natasha Shanta Reid|
|Also known as||Tasha Reid, Baby Tasha, T|
May 31, 1981 |
Fort Hood, Texas, United States
|Genres||R&B, Hip Hop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Rapper, MC|
|Labels||Feel Ghood Music (2013-present)|
|Associated acts||The Movement, Uptown, Tashannie, Drunken Tiger, Leessang, Yoo Jae Suk, Sunzoo|
|Yoon Mi Rae|
|Revised Romanization||Yun Mi-rae|
Tasha Reid (Real Name: Natasha Shanta Reid, born May 31, 1981), better known by her Korean name Yoon Mi-rae (former stage name Baby Tasha, then T), is a Korean African-American hip hop and R&B singer and rapper. She is part of the well-respected Korean hip hop crew The Movement, and belongs to the label FeelGhoodMusic. She is married to Tiger JK, and has one son with him. She was selected the 12th best new female emcees dominating mics everywhere by MTV Iggy in 2011. She has many nicknames. The nicknames are T, Gemini, Baby T, Tasha, and Jordan's mother.
Tasha was born in Fort Hood, Texas to a Korean mother and an African American father of Black and Scottish ancesty. She often faced discrimination because of her mixed heritage. Her father, Thomas J. Reid, was a DJ when she was young, so she naturally became acquainted with music. Tasha also lived in Fort Lewis, Washington for a while.
In 1999, she also formed Tashannie, a hip-hop and R&B project for which she was the primary vocalist, alongside Annie Lee. From there, her lyrics and bars started to gain her a lot of attention, and so her popularity grew.
After a scandal involving marijuana that forced Uptown to break up in 2000, Reid prepared to debut as solo artist. In 2001, she began her solo career under the moniker T. She worked with various producers on her 1st solo project including, John Earl Watley III from Los Angeles, now in Japan.
On January 27 2013, Yoon together with husband Tiger JK and Bizzy as members of MFBTY (My Fans Better Than Yours), were selected as representatives of Kpop for Korea at the International Music Tradeshow, Midem (Marché International du Disque et de l'Edition Musicale) in Cannes, France. They performed in their own showcase 'K-Pop Night Out at MIDEM 2013'.
Reid speaks Korean and English fluently.
She is an advocate against child abuse as seen by her participation in Vogue Korea's Stop & Love Campaign in 2011 and performing at the 2011 Child Abuse Awareness Concert. Together with Tiger JK, she received a commendation from South Korea's Ministry of Health and Welfare for her efforts in promoting child abuse prevention.
She also promotes awareness with multicultural families as seen with her seven month volunteer commitment in a multicultural youth camp in 2008. This is probably a result of her own history as a child of mixed ethnic origin where she experienced prejudice in Korean society against her racial background.
In June 2007, she married Tiger JK (member of Drunken Tiger) in a private ceremony. The wedding occurred a month before the death of Tiger JK's grandmother who had wanted to see them wed before her passing. Yoon became pregnant with son Jordan, the same month Tiger JK's grandmother passed away in July 2007. Jordan was born later in March 2008.
|As Time Goes By
|To My Love
|T3 - Yoon Mi Rae
|Get It In (The Creators Project) (EP)
- 2007: Wonderful (with Kim Jo Han)
- 2008: Rhapsody Part 2 (with Tiger JK)
- 2009: Please Don't Go
- 2009: Let's Dance (with Yoo Jae Suk)
- 2011: Doo Doo Doo Wop Ba Ba Lu
- 2013: Sweet Dream (with Tiger JK and Bizzy as MFBTY)
- 2013: Touch Love (The Master's Sun OST)
- 2014: I Love You (It's Okay, That's Love OST)
- 2011: Infinity Challenge - Guest Appearance
- 2011: Superstar K3 - Judge
- 2011: Running Man - Guest
- 2011: We Got Married - Guest Appearance with husband, Tiger JK and their son, Jordan. The Khuntoria couple meet with Reid and Tiger JK in their home and then babysit their son.
|2013||Yoon Mi-rae||Best Original Soundtrack||Won|
|2013||Yoon Mi-rae||Best Original Soundtrack||Won|
- Han, Ock Ju (2011-10-04). 윤미래, 세계최고의 래퍼 12위 '영광' [Yoon Mi Rae, the world's greatest rapper 12th place 'honor'] (in Korean). etoday.
- Bryan, Beverly (2011-09-19). "The 12 Best New Female Emcees Dominating Mics Everywhere". MTV. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- T(1981년 5월 31일 ~ )는 한국계 미국인 힙합 및 R&B 가수이다. 한국 이름은 윤미래(尹未來)(Natasha Shanta Reid Yoon)이고, 1997년에 Uptown을 통해 데뷔했으며, from http://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/T_(가수). Retrieved: 21.05.2012
- "KBS Artist Entry". KBS. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- Sunwoo, Carla (2012-02-07). "Yoon Mirae models for HP Korea". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Singer Yoon Mi-rae To Rejoin As Super Star K Judge". Hancinema. 2012-05-31. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- Oak, Jessica; Benjamin, Jeff]] (2013-02-05). "MFBTY (Tiger JK, Yoon Mirae and Bizzy) Spread Korean Hip-Hop in France". Billboard. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- Benjamin, Jeff; Oak, Jessica (2013-09-05). "Yoon Mi Rae Earns First K-Pop Hot 100 No. 1 With 'Touch Love'". Billboard. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Mnet Artist Profile". Mnet. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Tiger JK and Yoon Mirae to receive commendation from Ministry of Health and Welfare for work in child abuse prevention". Allkpop. 2012-11-13. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Tiger JK & Yoon Mirae speak out against child abuse for Vogue Korea's "STOP&LOVE" campaign". Allkpop. Sports Chosun. 2011-03-21. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Tiger JK and Yoon Mirae Family Photo". Soompi. 2011-03-23. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Yoon Mi-rae Returns to Her Roots". The Chosun Ilbo. 2007-02-24. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- Kim, Hee-sung (2009-11-13). "Libraries, handbooks events: opening way for multicultural society". korea.net. Korean Culture and Information Service. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Yoon Mi Rae wears a wedding dress for the first time". Allkpop. 2010-03-19. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Tiger JK and Jordan's Father and Son Moment". Allkpop. 2009-07-03. Retrieved 2011-10-16.
- Lee, Hyo-won (2008-07-03). "Tiger JK, T Wed With Baby". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Future Liger rocking Music Core with Let’s Dance", Allkpop, 18 July 2009. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "iger JK’s MV for “Doo Doo Doo Wop Ba Ba Lu” to be released with Yoon Mi Rae making a cameo appearance". Allkpop. 2011-07-22. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Superstar K3 reveals their official poster". Allkpop. 2011-07-27. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Photos give a sneak peek into ‘Running Man – Hip-hop special’!". Allkpop. 2011-08-10. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- "Khuntoria babysits Tiger JK-Tasha's son on We Got Married". Allkpop. 2011-08-13. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "2013 M.net Korean Music Festival Winners list". Mnet. Retrieved 2014-06-12.