|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
19 August 1973 |
Geraldton, Western Australia
|Spouse(s)||Rove McManus (m. 2009)|
Walton joined local radio station 6GE and trained as a production assistant and copy writer in her home town. She was accepted into the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) but dropped out after two years. She joined a small Sydney theatre, and in 1995 played the recurring role of Rachel Watson in Home and Away.
In 1996, Walton was cast as Dash McKinley in the police drama series Blue Heelers. Her character was introduced halfway through Season 3. To win the role of Dash, Walton auditioned three times. Her second one with William McInnes (Nick Schultz) gained her the role. In the audition Schultz yelled at Dash and while some of the other actresses burst into tears, Walton reacted by laughing. In the same year she made her film debut in Fistful of Flies. Her last episode of Blue Heelers, "The Full Circle" screened in mid-1999. Walton stated that she was leaving the series to pursue other acting projects and to be with her then boyfriend in Sydney.
In 2009, Walton joined the cast of City Homicide in the semi-regular role of criminal profiler, Claudia Leigh. On 27 July 2013, it was announced that Walton had rejoined the cast of Home and Away in the guest role of Jade Montgomery.
Walton was in a relationship with Danny Roberts for seven and a half years until 2004. She began dating Rove McManus in October 2007. They married in a private ceremony in Broome, Western Australia on 16 June 2009. In September 2013, Walton and McManus announced that they are expecting their first child, due in early 2014.
|1995||Home and Away||Rachel Watson||7 episodes|
|1995||Echo Point||Gina||TV series|
|Blue Heelers||Const. Deidre E. 'Dash' McKinley||130 episodes|
|1996||Fistful of Flies||Maria Lupi|
|1998||Cody: The Wrong Stuff||TV movie|
|2000||Virtual Nightmare||Wendy||TV movie|
|2000||Water Rats||Belinda Harvey||Episode: "Able to Leap Tall Buildings"|
|2000||BeastMaster||Caro||Episode: "The Burning Forest"
Episode: "Ghosts of the Forest"
|2001||Secret Life of Us, TheThe Secret Life of Us||Leah||Episode: "The Garden of Gethsemane"
Episode: "Secrets and Lies"
Episode: "Better the Devil You Know"
|2002||BeastMaster||Caro||Episode: "The Hunter"|
|2003||Postcard Bandit, TheThe Postcard Bandit||Frankie||TV movie|
|2003||White Collar Blue||Gemma Mancuzzo||Episode: "2.10"
|2004||McLeod's Daughters||Tracy Morrison||Episode: "Show of Love"|
|2005||Safety in Numbers||Caroline|
|2005||Little Oberon||Georgie Green||TV movie|
|2006||BlackJack: At the Gates||Sylvia||TV movie|
|2006||Stupid Stupid Man||Janine Russell||Episode: "A Very, Very Private Function"|
|2009||Sea Patrol||Jila||Episode: "Secret Cargo"|
|2009||City Homicide||Claudia Leigh||13 episodes|
|2013||Home and Away||Jade Montgomery|
- Heartless (Fiction) (Pub Date 28/9/09)
- New Theatre (Sydney)
- At the 39th Annual TV Week Logie Awards held in 1997, Walton won the Logie for the "Most Popular New Talent" for her role as "Constable Dash McKinley" on Blue Heelers.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
- "Panscript". Panscript. Retrieved 2010-09-01.
- Schipp, Debbie (27 July 2013). "Underbelly: Squizzy and Ripper Street prove yet again that crime pays for free-to-air TV". The Daily Telegraph (News Limited). Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- Browne, Rachel (27 April 1996). "Cop gives shop a break". The Sun-Herald (Fairfax Media). Retrieved 20 June 2012.
- Dennehy, Luke (1 February 2009). "Rove, Tasma in showdown". Herald Sun (The Herald and Weekly Times). Retrieved 20 June 2012.
- Keenan, Catherine (7 September 2009). "Who's that girl?". The Age (Fairfax Media). Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- "Romancing Rove: Tasma Walton Dishes On Proposing To Rove". Who. Pacific Magazines. 31 July 2009. Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- Hornery, Andrew (9 September 2013). "Rove McManus and wife Tasma Walton are expecting their first child". The Sydney Morning Herald (Fairfax Media). Retrieved 16 September 2013.