Tasmanian Rugby Union
Currently, the Tasmanian Rugby Union holds a variety of competitions for males and females in several age groups and divisions.
The headquarters for the Tasmanian Rugby Union are at Rugby Park, Cornelian Bay, Tasmania. The TRU was established in 1933.
There are several teams competing in the club rugby divisions These are:
- Australian Maritime College Rugby Union Club Est. 2012 "The Vikings"
- Burnie Rugby Union Club Est. 1961, Reformed 1997 "The Emus"
- Devonport Rugby Club Est. 1964 "The Bulls"
- Eastern Suburbs Rugby Union Football Club Inc. Est.1964 "The Roosters"
- Glenorchy Rugby Union Football Club Est.1935 "The Black Stags"
- Hobart Harlequins Rugby Union Club Est.1933 "The Harlequins"
- Hobart Lions Rugby Club Est.1974 (approx.) "The Lions"
- Launceston Rugby Union Football Club Est.1999 "The Lonnie Tigers"
- Taroona Rugby Club Est.1947 "The Blues" and "The Penguins"
- University of Tasmania Rugby Union Club Est.1933 "The Red Men"
- West Coast
- Port Dalrymple
- Glen Dhu
|1981||Eastern Suburbs Roosters|
|1968|| Taroona Penguins
Rugby Union in Tasmania consists of the following divisions : Men's Seniors, Men's Reserves, Women's, Junior Under 18, Junior Under 16, Juniors Under 14.
Women's Rugby in Tasmania is only a few teams, but the women are very passionate about the game of rugby. These teams consist of the following clubs:
The senior men's state representative side for the Tasmanian Rugby Union is the Tasmanian Jack Jumpers.
Junior representative sides exist for each of the Junior divisions.