|Headquarters||New Delhi, NCT, India|
|Services||Mobile network, Fixed wireless, Wireless broadband|
|Parent||Tata Teleservices (74%)
NTT DoCoMo (26%)
Tata DOCOMO is an Indian cellular service provider on the GSM, CDMA and platform-arising out of the strategic joint venture between Tata Teleservices and NTT Docomo in November 2008. It is the country's sixth largest operator in terms of subscribers (including both GSM and CDMA).
Tata DOCOMO is part of the Indian conglomerate Tata Group. The company received the license to operate GSM services in nineteen telecom circles and was allotted spectrum in eighteen of these circles and launched GSM services on 24 June 2009. It began operations first in South India and currently operates GSM services in eighteen of twenty two telecom circles. It has licences to operate in Delhi but has not been allocated spectrum from the Government. Docomo provides services throughout India. Tata DOCOMO offers both prepaid and postpaid cellular phone services. It has become very popular with its one second pulse especially in semi-urban and rural areas.
In April 2011, Tata DOCOMO signed Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor as its brand ambassador on a three year contract.  For the southern states of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, actors Vijay and Ram Charan Teja are the brand ambassadors respectively.
On 20 October 2011, the Tata Group brought its brands – CDMA, GSM, Walky (Fixed Wireless Phone), Photon, INTERNET – under the Tata DOCOMO name. All subscribers to these services were migrated to the Docomo brand on 20 October 2011. The companies other brands – Virgin Mobile and T24 – are not part of the rebranding and continue to retain their names.
NTT DOCOMO exit
NTT DOCOMO announced on 25 April 2014 that they are going to sell 100% of their shares in Tata DOCOMO to Tata Teleservices and exit Indian Telecom. The reason for exit is because of huge loss of $780 million during financial year ending March 31, 2014. 
Tata DOCOMO mobile services are available in the following telecom circles:
With effect from 17 June 2013, Docomo does not offer postpaid services, on both CDMA and GSM, in Bihar, Jharkhand, Rajasthan and West Bengal (except Kolkata).
On 19 May 2010, the 3G spectrum auction in India ended. Tata DOCOMO paid 6964.29 crores for spectrum in 22 circles. These circles obtained 3G licences and they are Madhya Pradesh&Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra & Goa, Punjab, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh (West).
On 5 November 2010, Tata DOCOMO became the first private sector telecom company (third overall) to launch 3G services in India, with a 20 city launch.
On July 19, 2011, Docomo and Aircel entered into a roaming agreement for 3G services to jointly roll out 3G networks in the three circles where they both have coverage (Karnataka, Kerala, and Punjab). On December 14, 2011, Docomo ended its agreement with Aircel. Both operators ended the deal after the Department of Telecom said that such 3G arrangements were illegal, as the pacts violate licence terms and conditions. Tata DOCOMO and Aircel currently have bilateral roaming agreements to allow their subscribers to seamlessly use 3G on roaming.
Docomo had about 1.5 million 3G subscribers as of May 2011.
On 21 May 2013, Docomo announced that it had entered into an exclusive partnership with GMR Airports to offer WiFi services at Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi and the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad.
Docomo offers WiFi services across the entire airport, including private airline lounges. Passengers can access free WiFi for 45 minutes, after which the passenger can continue to avail WiFi services by paying for it online.
- "About Tata DOCOMO | 3G Mobiles in India | 3G Network". Askbiography.com. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- Page 90[dead link]
- "Tata DOCOMO ropes in Ranbir Kapoor as brand ambassador". The Times Of India. 2011-04-07.
- "TATA Indicom is Now TATA DOCOMO". Telecomtalk.info. 2011-10-19. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- Tata Tele Data Products Get New Identity With Docomo Brand
- Docomo Exit
- Biswas, Rudradeep (2012-11-26). "TT Special: 2G Map of India". Telecomtalk.info. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- "Tata Docomo to Shut Down Postpaid Services in Rajasthan, Bihar & West Bengal". Telecomtalk.info. 2013-05-24. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- India’s 3G Auction Ends; Operator And Circle-Wise Results
- "Light Reading India – IP & Convergence – Tata, Aircel Join Forces for 3G – Telecom News Analysis". Lightreading.com. 9 January 2011. Archived from the original on 16 August 2011. Retrieved 2014-09-09.
- "Tata Docomo and Aircel Terminate 3G Roaming Deal". Telecomtalk.info. 2011-12-14. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "PC World Product Latest News | PC World India". Pcworld.in. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- PTI May 21, 2013, 10.16PM IST (2013-05-21). "Tata DOCOMO inks partnership with Delhi, Hyderabad int airports – Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- Vikas SN (2013-05-22). "Why Don’t Indian Airports Offer Free WiFi To Passengers?". MediaNama. Retrieved 2013-06-15.