Tata family is a family of Indian industrialists and philanthropists who founded ironworks and steelworks, cotton mills, and hydroelectric power plants that proved crucial to India’s industrial development. The Tata were a Parsi priestly family who originally came from the former Baroda state (now Gujarat). The founder of the family’s fortunes was Jamsetji Tata.
Other prominent members of the family include:
- Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata, known as the father of Indian industry.
- Ratanji Dadabhoy Tata (first cousin of Jamshedji Tata), one of the founders of the Tata Group, married Suzanne Brière
- J. R. D. Tata, Indian pioneer aviator and founder of Tata Airlines
- Ratan Tata, Former chairman of the Tata Group (Till Dec 28 2012)
- Simone Naval Tata, chairperson of Trent
- Noel Tata, MD of Trent; son of Naval and Simone
|This Indian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|