Tate Lohr Wildlife Management Area
|Tate Lohr Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
Ruffed grouse (Bonasa umbellus) may be found at the Tate Lohr WMA
|Elevation||2,380 ft (725.4 m) |
|Area||500 acres (202.3 ha) |
|Management||Wildlife Resources Section, WV Division of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Oakvale, West Virginia|
Tate Lohr Wildlife Management Area, is located in Mercer County near the community of Oakvale, West Virginia. Tate Lohr WMA is located on 500 acres (200 ha) of sloping terrain varying from 2,100 feet (640 m) to 3,500 feet (1,100 m).
The WMA is accessed from Pigeon Creek Road south of Oakvale off of U.S. Route 460.
Camping is not allowed in the WMA.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Tate Lohr WMA, retrieved January 4, 2009
- "Tate Lohr WMA page". West Virginia DNR website. WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved January 5, 2009.
- West Virginia DNR District 4 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations