Tate Publishing & Enterprises
Tate Publishing & Enterprises, LLC is a Christian publisher that prints books of all types. In general, it operates on the vanity press model in which most authors pay for the publication of their books. Its publishing charges may be refunded for books with sufficient sales volumes. The company was founded by Richard and Rita Tate and is located in Mustang, Oklahoma. The company also runs the Tate Music Group record label. As of 2009, the company had doubled its operations since 2007.
In May 2012, the company fired 25 of its employees, out of over 200. According to the company president, the firing was a disciplinary action rather than a layoff, in response to employee leaks of confidential information related to rumors that the company would be outsourcing its operations to the Philippines.
- "10 Publishing Mistakes And How to Avoid Them - by Patricia Fry". Matilijapress.com. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- Book Publisher Watches and Warnings: Vanity Publishing, Publisher Standards Board, 2006, retrieved 2009-09-04
- "Publishing on paper". Quentinslist.com. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- Eric Feuerborn. "USAO Alumni Reunion Happens Everyday [sic] At Tate Publishing | The University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma". Usao.edu. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Tate Publishing President Ryan Tate Fires 25 - Journal Record". The Journal Record. 2012-05-31. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Oklahoma CEO prays with, insults, then fires employees". News OK. 2012-06-01. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
|This publishing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|