|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
Students of Lomonosov Moscow State University celebrating Tatyana's Day.
|Official name||Day of Russian students|
|Also called||Students day|
|Observed by||in Russia|
|Significance||Russian Students Day|
|Next time||25 January 2015|
|Related to||Eastern Orthodox liturgical days|
Tatiana Day (Russian: Татьянин день, Tatyanin den' ) is a Russian religious holiday observed on January 25 according to the Gregorian calendar, January 12 according to the Julian. It is named after Saint Tatiana, a Christian martyr in 3rd century Rome during the reign of Emperor Alexander Severus. 
In 1755 on the name day of Ivan Shuvalov's mother Tatiana Rodionovna, his mistress Empress Elizabeth of Russia endorsed his petition to establish a university in Moscow. Shuvalov was Minister of Education. The church of Saint Tatiana was later built in the university campus. A traditional service is conducted at the University’s church on the 25th of January,  followed by speeches and the awarding of prizes.
The Russian Orthodox Church declared Saint Tatiana the patron saint of students, and Tatiana Day has come to be celebrated as Russian Students Day. The observance has a long tradition of festive activities. In 1885, Chekhov wrote, "This year everything was drunk, except the water from the Moscow river, and only because it was frozen". Parties begin with a traditional honey-based mead. Although originating in Moscow, St. Tatiana's Day celebrations have spread to most university towns.
- Trusova, Tanya. "Saint Tatiana Day", Oscailt Magazine, 2 March 2008
- Меленьева, Тамара. "Students Day in Russia", Center for Russian Language Studies, 25 January 2012
- Efanova, Valeria. "St. Tatiana Day: The Power of Faith and Will", Pravmir, 25 January 2014
- Aristov, Mikhail. "St. Tatiana's Day", Voice Of Russia, 25 January 2011
- "St. Tatyana's day kicks off winter holidays for Russian students", Russia Today, 27 January 2008
- Eremeeva, Jennifer. "Students' Day", Russia Lite, 25 January 2011