|Citizenship||Japan, United States|
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
|Academic advisors||Raj Mittra|
|Known for||Microwave and Millimeter Waver Circuits|
|Notable awards||Nikola Tesla Award (2001)
IEEE Third Millennium Medal
Tatsuo Itoh is Professor and holder of the Northrop Grumman Chair in Microwave and Millimeter Wave Electronics in the Electrical Engineering Department at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), where he teaches and conducts research on microwave and millimeter wave electronics, guided wave structures, low power wireless electronics, and integrated passive components and antennas.
Professor Itoh received the Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in Electrical Engineering from Yokohama National University in 1964 and 1966, respectively. He received the Doctor of Philosophy degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1969.
Professor Itoh served as Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques (1983–1985), and of the IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Letters (1991–1994). He served as President of the IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society in 1990. He has received a number of awards, including the 1998 Shida Award from the Japanese Ministry of Post and Telecommunications and the 1998 Japan Microwave Prize.
Awards and honors
- Member of National Academy of Engineering (2003),
- IEEE Distinguished Microwave Lecturer (2004–06),
- IEEE Distinguished Microwave Educator Award (2000)
- Nikola Tesla Award (2001),
- IEEE Third Millennium Medal (2000),
- Japan Microwave Prize (1998),
- Shida Rinzaburo Award from the Japan Ministry of Post & Telecommunications (1998)
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1999)
- C. Caloz and T. Itoh, Electromagnetic Materials, Wiley-IEEE Press, 2005.
- T. Itoh, G. Haddad, and J. Harvey, editors, RF Technologies for Low Power Wireless Communications Wiley Inter-Science, 2001.
- T. Itoh, G. Pelosi, and P. P. Silvester, editors, Finite Element Software for Microwave Engineering, Wiley, NY, 1996.
- T. Itoh, editor, Numerical Techniques for Microwave and Millimeter-wave Passive Structures Wiley, NY, 1989.
- T. Itoh, editor, Planar Transmission Line Structures IEEE Press, NY, 1987.
|Look up reference in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|