|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2010)|
|Labels||Kill Rock Stars
St. Francis Records
|Associated acts||Bonfire Madigan|
|Past members||Jen Wood
Tattle Tale was an American musical group that existed between 1992 and 1995. Composed of Jen Wood and Madigan Shive, they were well known in the Riot Grrrl scene, playing what was later to be termed folk punk.
The group was formed by Jen Wood and Madigan Shive in 1992 at the ages of 15 and 17 respectively. They played on numerous compilations before releasing their first single, titled "Early Daze," which was followed by their second single, "Alderwood Mall."
In 1995, the band broke up, with Wood pursuing a solo career and several collaborative efforts including vocals on 2005 releases by The Postal Service, and Shive fronting the chamber-punk group Bonfire Madigan.
- Tell/Yell (1993), Kill Rock Stars - demo album on cassette
- Tattle Tale (1994), Kill Rock Stars - EP / album on cassette
- Sew True (1995), St. Francis - album on CD
- Early daze (1994), Pillarbox Red Records - 7" EP
- Alderwood Mall / Loose lips (1995), Chou Chou records - 7" single
Contributions to compilation albums
- Julep (1993), Yoyo Recordings – compilation album on vinyl and CD to which Tattle Tale contributed "Fly Away"
- Babble On (1994) - compilation cassette album of bands from the Seattle/Issaquah/Olympia area, to which Tattle Tale contributed "Glass Vase Cello Case" (demo?) and "Arrows"
- Periscope (1994), Yoyo Recordings - compilation album on vinyl and CD to which Tattle Tale contributed "Girls Go To Heaven"
- Move Into The Villa Viillakulla (1996), Villa Villakula Records - compilation album on vinyl and CD to which Tattle Tale contributed "Take 10" and "Erica"
|Look up tattletale in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Allmusic for Tattle Tale
- Jen Wood Trio's Official Site, is now offline but can be accessed through the Internet Archive at Jen Wood Trio's Official Site on the Internet Archive
- Bonfire Madigan's Official Site