|Speaker of People's Consultative Assembly|
3 October 2009 – 8 June 2013
|Preceded by||Hidayat Nur Wahid|
|Succeeded by||Sidarto Danusubroto|
|5th First Gentleman of Indonesia|
23 July 2001 – 20 October 2004
|Preceded by||Sinta Nuriyah|
|Succeeded by||Kristiani Herawati|
31 December 1942|
|Died||8 June 2013
Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
|Children||M. Rizki Pramata
M. Pranada Prabowo
Taufiq Kiemas (31 December 1942 – 8 June 2013) was the Speaker of the People's Consultative Assembly of Indonesia from 2009 until his death in 2013. Taufiq (sometimes spelt Taufik) was the husband of Megawati Sukarnoputri, President of Indonesia from 2001 to 2004.
Taufiq married Megawati in 1973; it was Megawati's third marriage. Together they cared for three children, M. Rizki Pramata, M. Pranada Prabowo, and Puan Maharani. Puan was the child of Taufiq's marriage to Megawati.
Taufiq joined with Megawati in active support of the PDI-P, the Indonesian Democratic Party – Struggle, one of the leading political parties in Indonesia. As of 2008, Taufiq was the leader of the PDI-P's Muslim religious wing, the BMI. He was a well-known participant in PDI-P affairs, often commenting on national matters such as preparations for the 2014 legislative and presidential elections in Indonesia and sometimes differing with his wife on certain issues concerning the management and leadership of the party.
Taufiq had bypass surgery in Australia in 2000 and had been hospitalised on a number of occasions after the treatment.
His biography, Gelora Kebangsaan Tak Kunjung Padam (The National Spirit Remains Alive) which recounted both episodes of his life and his thoughts about various national issues, was launched in December 2012 to celebrate his 70th birthday.
Taufiq Kiemas died on 8 June 2013 in Singapore General Hospital, Singapore after a heart attack. The following day his body was flown back to Jakarta via an A-1319 Indonesian Airforce Hercules where he was given a full state funeral and buried at the Kalibata Heroes Cemetery. The President of Indonesia, president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono presided over the official ceremony which was attended by the senior members of Taufiq's family, the Indonesian Cabinet, and hundreds of leading political and national figures.
- Australian Associated Press (9 June 2013). "Ex-Indonesian president Megawati Sukarnoputri's husband Taufiq Kiemas dies". Herald Sun. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- 'PDI Perjuangan' Indonesia Matters, 11 April 2008. Also 'PDIP tak ingin dicap partai non Muslim (PDIP does not want to be seen as a non-Muslim party)', Tempo.co, 10 April 2008.
- Ezra Sihite, 'Taufik offers his picks for 2014, and they may surprise you (or not)', The Jakarta Globe, 24 July 2012.
- 'Taufik hospitalised for Mega-exhaustion', The Jakarta Globe, 14 May 2009.
- 'Taufik Kiemas launches biography on birthday', The Jakarta Post, 31 December 2012.
- 'Body of Megawati's husband leaves embassy for Indonesia', The Straits Times, 9 June 2013.
- 'Indonesians pay their respects as Taufiq is laid to rest.', The Jakarta Post, 9 June 2013.
Hidayat Nur Wahid
|Speaker of Indonesia People's Consultative Assembly
|First Gentleman of Indonesia