|Industry||Internet Software & Services|
|Founder||Bertram Meyer, Markus Ament, Martin Quensel, Philip Stehlik|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Products||Dynamic Discounting, eInvoicing, Supplier Self-Services, Supplier Information Management|
Number of employees
Taulia provides cloud-based invoice, payment and dynamic discounting management solutions for large buying organizations throughout the world.
Organizations can reduce their total spend and achieve double-digit returns on cash positions, while allowing their suppliers opportunities to benefit from early payments, eInvoicing capabilities and low-cost financing options.
With Taulia, organizations easily automate and maximize supplier discounts while strengthening relationships and reducing friction within the financial supply chain. Through an award-winning product lineup including electronic invoicing, supplier self services and a sophisticated dynamic discounting platform, Taulia enables Fortune 500 companies to save millions annually by speeding payment to their trading partners in exchange for a discount.
Taulia was founded in 2009 in San Francisco, CA by four co-founders: Bertram Meyer, CEO, Markus Ament, CPO and co-founder of Ebydos, Philip Stehlik, CTO, and Martin Quensel, Managing Director of Europe and CEO of Taulia Germany. Taulia employs roughly 200 people with headquarters in San Francisco and offices in London, Germany, Park City, Utah; Austin, Texas; and Sofia, Bulgaria. In October 2014, the Financial Times announced a new partnership between the Royal Bank of Scotland and Taulia, as RBS became one of the first banks to offer dynamic discounting and e-invoicing to its corporate clients .
- November 2010, secured Series A Round funding for $3.2M from Matrix Partners, Trinity Ventures, Ulu Ventures, The Angel’s Forum and Band of Angels.
- In July 2011,Taulia completed B Round, securing an additional $8.5M from Matrix Partners, Trinity Ventures and DAG Ventures.
- Received $18M in Series C Funding 8/23/13.
- In September 2014, Taulia raised $40 million in Series D fundraising, with investors including Matrix, Trinity Ventures, Lakestar, BBVA, EDBI, and led by Questmark Partners. The round will be used to fuel expansion into Europe and Asia, and to open new offices in Singapore and Latin America.
Awards and Honors
- 2011 Bully Award - October 10, 2011
- Red Herring Top 100 North America - November 21, 2013
- Bully Award - October 30, 2013
- AlwaysOn Global 250 Companies to Watch - July 2, 2013
- Best Invoice Discount Management Solution in the World by Global FInance - May 16, 2013
- Best Places to Work in Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times - April 24, 2013
- Best Places to Work in Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times - April 18, 2014
- The 2014 OnDemand 50 Companies to Watch - May 14, 2014 
- "Taulia | CrunchBase Profile". crunchbase.com.
- Peak, Krystle. "On time and in the black". San Francisco Business Times.
- Wauters, Robin. "Taulia Raises $3.2 Million, Helps Companies Pay Their Invoices Early". TechCrunch.
- Rao, Leena. "Taulia Raises $8.5 Million To Help Companies Pay Their Invoices Early". TechCrunch.
- Yang, Stephanie. "Taulia Raises $18 Million To Expand In Europe, Grow Sales Teams". TechCrunch.
- Clark, Patrick. "An Alternative to Expensive Alternative Financing". Bloomberg Businessweek Small Business.
- Busch, Jason. "The Taulia Interview: Markus Ament on Growth, Dynamic Discounting, and the Long Tail of the Supply Chain". SpendMatters.
- "The 2011 Bully Award Winners!". White Bull.
- "2013 Red Herring Global: Top 100 Winners". Red Herring.
- "The 2013 Bully Award Winners". White Bull.
- "Announcing the 2013 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies". AlwaysOn.
- "World's Best Supply Chain Finance Providers 2013". Global Finance.
- Dunn, James. "BEST PLACES TO WORK Rankings 2013 -- Intuit, Workday, XL Construction". San Francisco Business Times.
- "Best Places to Work 2014". San Francisco Business Times.
- "The 2014 onDemand 50 Companies to Watch". AlwaysOn.