3 April 1988 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||190 cm (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||110 kg (17 st 5 lb)|
|Position||Second-row, Lock, Prop, Centre, Wing|
|Source: NRL Stats, |
Taulima Tautai born 3 April 1988 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia is a rugby league player for Wakefield Trinity. He previously played for the Cronulla Sharks and the Parramatta Eels. He attended St Gregory's College, Campbelltown, alma mater of many notable rugby league players.
Taulima Tautai's position of choice is in the centres or on the wing. He made his first grade debut for the Parramatta Eels in round 1 of the 2008 season against the Canterbury Bulldogs. Since then he has been able to keep his first grade spot (mainly wing) playing 20 games and scoring 8 tries. He is currently second for the Eels in metres gained just behind captain Nathan Cayless. With this achievement he went on to win Parramatta's Rookie of the Season award in 2008.
Although born in Sydney, Tautai is of Samoan and New Zealand descent. Because of his heritage, he was named in the Samoa training squad as well as the New Zealand training squad for the 2008 Rugby League World Cup. However, he failed to make the final squad for either side due to injury.
He returned to the Parramatta Eels in 2012 but injury and form have kept him playing for their feeder club in the NSW cup.
In 2015, Tautai is going to join Wigan Warriors and has signed a three year deal. He will link up with the squad in November, which is shortly after the end of the season.
- "Taulima Tautai - Parramatta Eels". web.archive.org. Retrieved 2014-05-28.
- "No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au". macarthur-chronicle-campbelltown.whereilive.com.au. Retrieved 2014-05-28.
- "Samoa name World Cup Squad". League Unlimited. 2008-08-05. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "Kiwis select Sonny Bill". Sky Sports. 2008-08-08. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "BBC Sport - Wigan Warriors: Taulima Tautai to join from Wakefield in 2015". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-05-28.