Tauro Sport Auto
|Key people||Pedro J Santos (Chairman and CEO)|
Tauro Sport Auto is a Spanish manufacturer of luxury sports cars based in Valladolid, founded in 2010, when a group of Spanish businessmen joined with a British manufacturer of racing cars to create the company.
Their most popular model is the Tauro V8, manufactured by artisans, has a General Motors base engine and four variants: Spider, Coupe, Saeta and Portago. It’s core markets include the European Union, Russia, United Arab Emirates, China, and America.
In 2010, several Spanish businessmen, including Pedro J Santos, and a British manufacturer of racing cars joined together to create the company based in Valladolid. As such, they received the Spanish tradition of luxury sports cars, in the early twentieth century championing the Hispano-Suiza company.
Like all other supercars, the Tauro has high performance, superior to other cars, approaching levels of competition. For this very reason, they are produced in small series and made to order, with much of the manufacturing process done by hand.
|Vehicle name||Duration of production||Number of cylinders||Power (hp)||Displacement cc||Top speed (km/h)||Place of manufacture|
- The Tauro V8 Spider takes us back to the traditional formula of front engine and rear wheel drive that defines the pure roadster.
- The Tauro V8 Coupé is close to Muscle car, a hardtop versión.
- The Tauro V8 Saeta takes its name from the first jet plane made in Spain in the mid-twentieth century, the Hispano Aviación HA-200 Saeta and incorporates elements from the competition.
- Tauro V8 Spider - Coupé - Saeta y Super Saeta were designed by the famous designer Christopher Reitz, Ferdinand Porsche great grandson.
- The Tauro V8 Portago goes back to the Barchettas models of the 40s and 50s of the twentieth century. Its name is in honor of Marquis of Portago, Spanish F1 gentleman driver, dead in the 1957 Mille Miglia edition while piloting a Ferrari official.
- "Official: Tauro V8 Spider – Spanish Roadster". gtspirit.com. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Tauro V8 Spider: deportividad y lujo made in Spain" (in spanish). abc.es. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Tauro V8 Spider, "made in Valladolid"" (in spanish). Carlos A. Sánchez. 2012-07-26. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Tauro V8 Spider: deportividad y lujo made in Spain" (in spanish). Javier Onrubia. 2012-06-21. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Tauro V8 Spider: Nace el "Lamborghini" español" (in spanish). eleconomista.es. 2012-06-30. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Spain’s Tauro V8 Spider Based On The Pontiac Solstice". Viknesh Vijayenthiran. 2012-06-22. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Tauro Sport Auto fabrica coches exclusivos en Valladolid" (in spanish). castillayleoneconomica.es. 2012-12-09. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Llega a Madrid la primera exposición internacional de Vehículos exclusivos, Motocicletas especiales y Náutica artesanal celebrada en España." (in spanish). ifema.es. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Tauro Sport Auto Modelos" (in spanish). ifema.es. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tauro Sport Auto.|
- Official website
- Facebook Official Tauro Page
- Tauro´s YouTube Channel
- Media related to Tauro Sport Auto at Wikimedia Commons