February 20, 1987 |
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
Stanford (Defensive Asst.)
High school career
Pritchard graduated from Clover Park High School in Lakewood, Washington, where he threw for 5,323 yards and 55 touchdowns in his high school career. Pritchard was also a standout on the baseball team and star pitcher. Pritchard was also four year varsity letter winner on the Clover Park basketball team.
Pritchard received his first start at Stanford on October 6, 2007 in a game against top-ranked USC, after starter T. C. Ostrander suffered a seizure the week before the game. Though Stanford was a 41-point underdog, Pritchard led Stanford to an improbable 24-23 victory and earned the starting job.
Pritchard was replaced as the starting quarterback by redshirt freshman Andrew Luck during the 2009 season. After Luck injured a finger on his throwing hand and had surgery prior to the 2009 Sun Bowl, Pritchard started for the Cardinal. He went 8 for 19 for 118 yards and two interceptions in the 31-27 loss to Oklahoma.
Pritchard went undrafted in the 2010 NFL Draft. In May he participated in a rookie minicamp with the San Francisco 49ers, but was not offered a contract. Pritchard worked as a volunteer assistant for the Stanford football team in 2010, and in 2011, was hired as a defensive assistant football coach at Stanford by new head football coach David Shaw. In January of 2013, Pritchard was elevated to the role of running backs coach. In December of that year, he was promoted to quarterbacks and wide receivers coach, succeeding Mike Sanford.
Pritchard's father David was a starting center at Washington State in 1981 and an uncle is former NFL quarterback Jack "The Throwin' Samoan" Thompson. He is third in a family of eight children. He grew up in Centralia, Washington and his freshman year he moved to Lakewood. He was a Communications major at Stanford and a member of the Delta Tau Delta fraternity.
- "Player Bio: Tavita Pritchard". Stanford Football Media Guide. 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-07.
- "Harbaugh: "This is the start"". San Jose Mercury News. October 8, 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-08.
- Sabedra, Darren (October 10, 2007). "Pritchard will remain Stanford starter at quarterback". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved 2007-10-11.
- White, David (2010-05-01). "Receiver Ginn learning the ropes". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2010-05-25.
- "Tavita Pritchard". Stanford Department of Athletics. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- "Stanford's Pritchard gets a promotion". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved December 21, 2013.