|Born||1950 (age 63–64)
Mussoorie, Uttarakhand, India
|Occupation||Author and Columnist|
|Partner(s)||Ajit Gulabchand |
Singh was born in Mussoorie in 1950 and studied at the Welham Girls School. She did a short-term Journalism course from the New Delhi Polytechnic in 1969. She graduated from St. Bede's College, Shimla
She completed her education in India and started her career with a reporting job at the Evening Mail, Slough (England), where she worked and trained for two and a half years under the Westminster Press/Thompson training scheme.
In 1990 she began her stint with television by heading Plus Channel's Delhi bureau. Singh presented two video magazines called People Plus and Business Plus. She has done Ek Din Ek Jeevan, a Hindi weekly programme for STAR Plus.
- Kashmir: A Tragedy of Errors. Viking, 1995. ISBN 0-14-025078-6.
- Lollipop Street: Why India Will Survive Her Politicians. Viking, 1999. ISBN 0-670-88838-9.
- Fifth Column. Viking, ISBN 0-670-08135-3.
- Political and Incorrect: The real India, warts and all . Harpercollins. 2008. ISBN 81-7223-712-X.
- Durbar. Hachette, 2012. ISBN 978-93-5009-444-0.
- Excerpt from 'Durbar' 
- Can you take it Tavleen Singh (interview)
- Archive of Tavleen Singh's articles
- A son in search of his father: 'My parents' affair lasted little more than a week..'.
- Interview Tavleen Singh on Newslaundry - I Agree with Tavleen Singh.
- Tavleen Singh Indian Express.
- By: A Correspondent Date: 2011-01-06 Place: Mumbai (6 January 2011). "A son in search of his father". Mid-day.com.
- Tavleen Singh’s latest book compiles contemporary history Financial Express, Jul 22, 2008.