March 18, 1979 |
Dallas, Texas, U.S.
|Other names||Tawny, Tawni Roberts|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg; 7.9 st)|
|No. of adult films||103 (per IAFD)|
After high school, she went to college in Utah for fashion and design but quit after two years and took a job in retail management in Los Angeles, California. It was during this time that she met Dayton, another pornstar, and through her learned about the adult business.
Roberts met her at the Key Club in Hollywood, which was well known by the locals for its live music. Dayton worked as a contract star for Vivid Entertainment and took Roberts in to meet with an executive of the firm. Because Vivid's company was bought out by Hustler Entertainment, the executive told her that they weren't interested.
Dayton then introduced Roberts to some other friends, and through those introductions she was able to get work with the porn producers at Metro Interactive. In late-2000 and early-2001, she worked for them in three movies, Wild Cherries, All Teens Love Cum 1 and All Fucked Up, but she was not happy with the quality of the movies or her working conditions and as a result almost quit the adult business altogether.
She met former pornstar Jill Kelly, who had just started her own movie studio and was looking for new talent, and Kelly hired her for a role in her new movie, Immorta, starring alongside Devon who had recently left Vivid as well  and long time industry veteran Asia Carrera. This was the first time Roberts met Devon, and they formed a friendship that would eventually even blossom into a business partnership with Roberts's own company.
After working for Jill Kelly, Roberts also did some movies for other companies such as Odyssey, Evil Angel and Digital Sin. In 2002 she secured a 2 year deal with VCA Pictures. The deal didn't work out as it wasn't overly lucrative and within a few months she wanted out. A friend of hers suggested she give Vivid another try. Roberts got out of her contract with VCA and signed a two year contract with Vivid that included 6 movies a year.
Her first three films for Vivid won her critical acclaim, all gaining the highest reviewer ratings, including Most Beautiful Girl in the World, Unlovable and Dual Identity.
- 2003 AVN Award nominee – Best New Starlet
- 2005 AVN Award nominee – Best Actress, Video – Unlovable
- 2006 AVN Award nominee – Best All-Girl Sex Scene, Film – Last Girl Standing
- 2007 AVN Award nominee – Best Anal Sex Scene, Film – Emperor
- "Tawny Roberts". IAFD.com. Retrieved 2009-10-31.
- "Tawny Roberts biography". Retrieved 2007-05-01.
- "Pornstar Devon Biography". Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- "Tawny Roberts MySpace". Retrieved 2007-02-03.
- "AVN adult movie reviews". Retrieved 2007-05-16.
- Eddie Adams (2008-01-04). "Krystal Steal to Sign with Mary Carey Productions". AVN Video (AVN Media Network). Retrieved 2008-06-19.
- "2003 AVN Awards Nominations List". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2002-11-27. Retrieved 2009-12-19.
- "2005 AVN Awards Nominations". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2004-11-14. Retrieved 2009-12-19.
- Dan Miller (2005-11-25). "2006 AVN Awards Nominations Announced". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2006-12-06. Retrieved 2009-12-19.
- "AVN Awards 2007 Nominees". AVN.com. 2006-11-22. Archived from the original on 2007-04-23. Retrieved 2009-12-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tawny Roberts.|