Armstrong at the 2012 GQ Men of the Year Awards
June 10, 1971
|Residence||Beverly Hills, CA|
|Other names||Taylor Ford, Shana Taylor|
|Occupation||Television personality, philanthropist|
|Known for||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills|
(2005–2011; his death)
Taylor Armstrong (born Shana Hughes; June 10, 1971) is an American television personality and philanthropist. She is best known for her role on the reality show The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Armstrong was born "Shana Hughes", but has changed her name several times; she has also been known as "Shana Taylor" and "Taylor Ford". She was born in Independence, Kansas and moved to Beverly Hills in 2005.
She serves as Chief Creative Director of BeautyTicket.com and volunteers for the 1736 Family Crisis Center; she has been an advocate for victims of domestic violence since 2004.
Armstrong first major appearance on TV was on the Bravo TV series The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills in 2010, while married to former venture capitalist Russell Armstrong. During the series, allegations of spousal abuse and alleged money troubles about Armstrong and her husband were brought to light by other cast members. After the truth about their marriage came out, her husband Russell, took his own life and was found by Taylor and his landlord on August 15, 2011. A month later, in September 2011, Taylor alleged that she suffered severe physical abuse during her marriage. Prior to appearing on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills she made a cameo appearance on the MTV TV show The Hills.
Armstrong's memoir, Hiding from Reality: My Story of Love, Loss, and Finding the Courage Within, was released February 7, 2012.
Taylor married Russell Armstrong in 2005 and had a child together, Kennedy Caroline (b. 2006)
In 2011, Armstrong filed for divorce, accusing her husband of verbal and physical abuse during their marriage. Shortly after she filed, Russell took his own life. After the allegations of her husband came out, his family denied any of the rumors Armstrong had accused her husband of. She then admitted to having a titanium mesh implant holding up her right eye per abuse from Russell.
In 2012, Armstrong started dating lawyer, John Bluher. It was announced on August 23, 2013, that Armstrong is engaged to Bluher. Bluher proposed to Armstrong while the couple were on vacation in Punta Mita.
|2008||The Hills||Herself||1 Episode (While Lauren's Away...)|
|2010-2014||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills||Herself||Main Cast (Season 1-3), Guest (Season 4)|
|2014||Couples Therapy||Herself||Season 4 Only|
- Eggenberger, Nicole (June 11, 2013). "Taylor Armstrong Wears Thong Bikini, Makes Out With Boyfriend". US Magazine.
- "Reality Tea/Shana Hughes". "Taylor, an Oklahoma cheerleader whose original name was Shana Hughes, later changed her name to Taylor Ford, and claimed to be a member of the Ford family."
- "Taylor Armstrong, My Story". taylorarmstrong.com. Retrieved September 24, 2011.
- Andrea Magrath (September 14, 2011). "'Taylor WAS abused by Russell Armstrong, and it was not the first time'". The Daily Mail (UK). Retrieved September 24, 2011.
- Taylor Armstrong (February 7, 2012). Hiding from Reality: My Story of Love, Loss, and Finding the Courage Within. Gallery Books. ISBN 1451677715.
- Jenna Mullins; Melanie Bromley (June 21, 2013). "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Carlton Gebbia And Joyce Giraud In, Taylor Armstrong Out?". E!. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- "Taylor Armstrong Denies Russell's Sister's Claims That Abuse Never Happened On 'Watch What Happens Live'". Huffington Post. February 8, 2012.
- Lily Harrison; Michelle Falls (August 23, 2013). "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star Taylor Armstrong Engaged to John Bluher: See the Romantic Pics!". E!.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taylor Armstrong.|