Taylor Business Institute
|Private, for profit|
|Headquarters||Taylor Business Institute
318 West Adams 5th floor
Chicago, IL, United States
|JANICE C. PARKER, President|
Business, Technology andMedical
Taylor Business Institute Chicago is a small private career college career college located in Chicago's West Loop. Founded in 1962, Taylor Business Institute awards associate degrees, professional diplomas and certificates for special purpose programs. Taylor Business Institute Chicago has no affiliation with the former New York Taylor Business Institute.  It is now located in Chicago, Illinois.
Taylor Business Institute has been operating in the Chicago Loop since 1962. From 1962 to 1986, the college was primarily a diploma-focused institute offering women clerk typist and secretarial training and was owned by ITT Educational Services. In 1986, the Parker family (Janice Parker), the former director of the school, acquired the college.
Taylor Business Institute Chicago has 250 students with students coming from the city's core African American and Hispanic communities as and from over 30 countries.
Empowerment through Education
Accreditation, affiliation and approvals
Taylor Business Institute is:
- accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas and Associate of Applied Science degrees.
- a candidate with the Higher Learning Commission and an affiliate of the North Central Association.
- approved and licensed by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education under the state’s Private Business and Vocational Schools Act and Academic Degree Act.
Taylor Business Institute's Associate of Applied Science Degree programs are delivered in theoretical and hands-on applied formats. Students are encouraged to participate in optional practicums to prepare and expose them to work and experience in the career fields for which they are training.
Taylor Business Institute offers one diploma program in Computer Forensics and Cyber Security and one certificate program in English as a Second Language with an optional English and Cultural Adaptation for Healthcare Workers component. The college offers associates degree, which can be completed in a little over a year, in the following career fields:
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Criminal Justice Justice and Security Administration