Taylor Creek Township, Hardin County, Ohio
|Taylor Creek Township, Hardin County, Ohio|
Countryside in Taylor Creek Township
Location of Taylor Creek Township, Hardin County, Ohio.
|• Total||27.8 sq mi (72.1 km2)|
|• Land||27.8 sq mi (72.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,066 ft (325 m)|
|• Density||18.6/sq mi (7.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086269|
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Buck Township - northeast
- Hale Township - east
- Bokes Creek Township, Logan County - southeast
- Rushcreek Township, Logan County - south
- Richland Township, Logan County - southwest
- Lynn Township - west
- McDonald Township - northwest
No municipalities are located in Taylor Creek Township.
Name and history
It is the only Taylor Creek Township statewide, although there is a Taylor Township in Union County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Hardin County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 16 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.