Princess Bambi Monroe
|Princess Bambi Monroe|
|Birth name||Taylor Ashley Horn|
October 12, 1992 |
Redlands, California, United States
|Origin||Kentwood, Louisiana, United States|
|Genres||Country, pop, alternative punk, punk rock|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, actress, vlogger, blogger|
|Associated acts||Civilized Tears/The Trending|
Bambi Monroe Smith (born Taylor Ashley Horn on October 12, 1992 in Redlands, California), better known by her stage name of Princess Bambi Monroe, is an American singer-songwriter, actress and beauty vlogger/blogger. Monroe is also one-half of the English-American alternative punk duo The Trending (formerly Civlized Tears). She was once compared to fellow Kentwood native and singer Britney Spears by various media sources early on in her career; she was dubbed by English media as somewhat of a Britney wannabe or clone by the British media.
Throughout her singing career, Monroe has transitioned from performing country-western music to bubblegum pop to alternative punk rock music. Monroe is an occasional actress, having appeared in an unaired PBS made-for-tv movie and two music videos for the band Civlized Tears, which she shot before she joined the band. Monroe also films videos as a makeup guru. Monroe was co-host of the short-lived internet radio show 'The Tim and Taylor Show'. She married The Trending founder Tim Bennett Smith in 2009 and joined the band in 2011.
Monroe was born in Redlands, California in 1992 and lived there until the age of six, when she moved with her grandparents Ronald and Lesley Jones on their Kentwood, Louisiana farm. She took an interest in singing after being gifted with an old karaoke machine by her aunt. Monroe began singing locally in nursing homes, fairs, festivals and beauty pageants. She began writing songs at the age of nine and recorded her first album, taylor-made, a cover album of mostly country-western songs, in 2002. taylor-made became a minor hit in Great Britain. By 2004, she had written a country music single "There’s Somethin’ Wrong Here" and had recorded it in Nashville. During the same year, Horn made her first national television appearance on Access Hollywood. In 2004, she made a small appearance on Access Hollywood and released her first self-written single titled "There's Somethin' Wrong Here".She also filmed for the unaired PBS television film Artists in the Forest'.
In 2005, Monroe recorded her debut EP titled A Taylor Horn Christmas and made a brief appearance on Access Hollywood. Monroe went on appear in the documentary Britney's Redneck Roots, a documentary aired in the United Kingdom, focusing on Britney Spears and the inhabitants of her hometown of Kentwood. Monroe appeared alongside her grandmother Lesley and her then vocal coach, Bob Westbrook, Spears' former vocal coach. 2006 saw the first musical transition Monroe made with her second album, Changes, a teen pop album. She and her grandmother Lesley Jones were detained for three hours in 2009 at John Lennon Airport while Monroe and Jones were traveling together from Nimes, France to the UK to visit friends and proceed with a promotional tour. Monroe and her grandmother were later deported from the country. Monroe's last solo recording before her name change was the charity single "Lily's Lullaby", a song she wrote and dedicated to a young girl living with cancer. She transitioned to punk rock and changed her name from Taylor Horn to Bambi Monroe in 2011, recording the EP, Rock is a Drug, showcasing her new transition. She appeared in the music videos "Unamerican" and "Anybody" for the band The Trending and later joined the band as a duo with English singer-songwriter Tim Bennett.
In addition to music, Monroe is also a fashion and beauty vlogger and blogger. Monroe reviews makeup products on YouTube and her makeup blog, BambiGirlBeauty. She was named ambassdor for Belleboo, a line of natural beauty products. Monroe also writes blogs for the website as a "Chatterchick".
Monroe met singer-songwriter Tim Bennett Smith on a trip to England to a photoshoot with photographer Alan Strutt and later began dating him. Monroe married Smith in 2009 and gave birth to her firstborn; a son named Luca Benjamin Bennett Smith on April 14, 2014. Monroe lives with her family in Columbia, Tennessee.
|2004||Artists in the Forest||Lilly Rose Walker||Made-for-television film; unaired.|
|2005||Britney's Redneck Roots||Herself||Documentary; aired in the United Kingdom.|
- taylor-made (2002) (as Taylor Horn)
- Changes (2006) (as Taylor Horn)
- A Taylor Horn Christmas (2005) (as Taylor Horn)
- Rock is a Drug (2011) (as Bambi Monroe)
- "There's Somethin' Wrong Here" (2004) (as Taylor Horn)
- "Sunlight in Your Eyes" (2009) (as Taylor Horn)
- "Lily's Lullaby" (2010) (as Taylor Horn)
Singles with The Trending
- "Tears in Your Eyes' (2010)
- "Stars" (2014)
- "Glitter Eyes" (2015)
- "Another Day, Another You"
- "Blonde Moment"
- "Mama's Boy"
- "Wizard In My Dreams"
- "Tears In Your Eyes"
- "Another Reason To Smile"
- "Mi Corazon"
- "Prince Charming"
- "Right From The Start"
- "Si Tu No Estas Aqui"
- "Biography for Taylor Horn". The Internet Movie Database. 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-08.
- "Vixely - Girl Crush: Princess Bambi Monroe". Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- Billen, Andrew (2005). "Backwards belle". New Statesman. Retrieved 2007.
- Mangan, Lucy (August 17, 2005). "Only here for the jeers". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2007.
- Allen-Mills, Tony (June 10, 2007). "Britney's home town jilted for her clone, 14". Sunday Times (London). Retrieved 2007.
- Meakin, Nione (2003). "Village life appeals to rising US singing star". Reprint of Malvern Gaz. Retrieved 2007.
- "Hometown Hero?". ABC26 News. 2007. Retrieved 2007.
- Wainwright, Katie (2003). "Singer, 10, makes 2nd trip to Nashville". Reprint of The Sunday Star. Retrieved 2006.
- Chapman, Cathy (2004). "Horn appears on Access Hollywood". Reprint of The Kentwood News-Ledger. Retrieved 2006.
- Flett, Kathryn (August 21, 2005). "Television: Britney's Redneck Roots, Britney and Kevin, E=MC2". The Observer (London). Retrieved 2007.
- "America's 'new Britney' deported by UK visa officials - Immigration News". Global Visas. 2009-07-10. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- Luke Traynor. "News - Liverpool Local News - Teen singer Taylor Horn furious at being deported after John Lennon Airport detention". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- "Meet Our New Real Girl Brand Ambassador: Bambi! - Bellaboo". Bellaboo. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Princess Bambi Monroe|
- Official website
- Princess Bambi Monroe at the Internet Movie Database
- Taylor Horn Official UK Website