Taylor Lake Village, Texas
|City of Taylor Lake Village|
Location of Taylor Lake Village, Texas
|• Total||1.3 sq mi (3.4 km2)|
|• Land||1.1 sq mi (2.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||3 ft (1 m)|
|• Density||2,700/sq mi (1,000/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1377175|
Taylor Lake Village is located at .(29.574216, -95.055327)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.3 square miles (3.4 km2), of which 1.1 square miles (2.9 km2) is land and 0.19 square miles (0.5 km2), or 14.10%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 3,694 people, 1,341 households, and 1,177 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,974.2 people per square mile (1,150.2/km²). There were 1,364 housing units at an average density of 1,098.2/sq mi (424.7/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 92.39% White, 2.71% African American, 0.49% Native American, 2.06% Asian, 0.14% Pacific Islander, 1.03% from other races, and 1.19% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.57% of the population.
There were 1,341 households out of which 36.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 80.8% were married couples living together, 5.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 12.2% were non-families. 11.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.75 and the average family size was 2.96.
In the city the population was spread out with 25.6% under the age of 18, 4.3% from 18 to 24, 22.7% from 25 to 44, 34.2% from 45 to 64, and 13.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years. For every 100 females there were 97.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.2 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $99,535, and the median income for a family was $102,873. Males had a median income of $83,358 versus $48,500 for females. The per capita income for the city was $43,936. About 0.4% of families and 1.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.4% of those under age 18 and 1.1% of those age 65 or over.
Almost all of Taylor Lake Village is zoned to Robinson Elementary School in Taylor Lake Village. A small portion is zoned to Ed White Elementary School in El Lago.
Prior to fall 2006, most of Taylor Lake Village was zoned to James F. Bay and Ed White Elementary.
Taylor Lake Village has a community park at 500 Kirby Boulevard, behind City Hall. The park features picnic areas, jogging trails, playgrounds, restrooms, a pond, sports fields and courts, fishing and a 15-hole disc golf course installed in 2009.
Harris County Precinct 2 operates the Bay Area Community Center at 5002 NASA Road 1 in nearby Pasadena.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Taylor Lake Village city, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Taylor Lake Village city, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- District 1 Map. Clear Creek Independent School District. Retrieved on December 6, 2008.
- "School Board Members: Bios and Contact Information." Clear Creek Independent School District. Retrieved on December 6, 2008.
- "Bay Area Community Center." Harris County, Texas. Retrieved on December 6, 2008.
- City of Taylor Lake Village official website
- Taylor Lake Village Disc Golf Course
- Taylor Lake Village, Texas from the Handbook of Texas Online