May 3, 1989 |
Tampa, Florida, U.S.
|Alma mater||Elon University|
Taylor Trensch (born May 3, 1989) is an American stage actor.
Early life 
On April 11, 2013, Taylor opened as Michael Wormwood in the original Broadway production of Matilda the Musical (previews began on March 4, 2013). Matilda received 12 Tony Nominations in 2013, including being nominated for Best Musical. Trensch made his Broadway debut as "Boq" in the New York City production of Wicked, beginning performances on January 24, 2012, on a limited contract that lasted through April 22, 2012. He covered for actor Etai BenShlomo while he worked on another project.
In 2012, Trensch performed in the role of "Peter" in the off Broadway production of Bare from November 19, 2012 through February 3, 2013 at New World Stages. In early October 2012, Trensch read the role of "Jack" in the reading of the screenplay for the movie version of "Into the Woods". Trensch was cast as "Gordon & Others" in the off Broadway production of Rent at New World Stages from May 2012 through the September 9, 2012 closing. Trensch also appeared as "Dwayne Hoover" in William Finn and James Lapine's new musical comedy Little Miss Sunshine, playing at the La Jolla Playhouse Mandell Weiss Theatre in early 2011. Taylor had just ended touring the United States as "Moritz" in the National Tour of Spring Awakening, replacing original touring cast member Blake Bashoff. For his portrayal of "Moritz", Taylor won the 2009 Denver Post Ovation Award for Best Supporting Actor in a National Touring Production. His regional credits include The Rocky Horror Show (Frank 'N' Furter), Little Shop of Horrors (Seymour) and Rabbit Hole (Jason), all at the Lake Dillon Theatre in Dillon, Colorado. He is currently a junior in Elon University's musical theatre program but took leave to tour in Spring Awakening. His Elon mentor is his former Spring Awakening co-star Matt Shingledecker and his Elon mentee is Grant Gustin, who plays Sebastian on Glee.
Personal life 
Trensch is openly gay.
- "Twink awakening". dallasvoice.com. March 17, 2010. Retrieved March 24, 2013.
- Farmer, Jim (March 8, 2010). "Two gay Southerners bring Broadway home". projectqatlanta.com. Retrieved March 24, 2013.
- "Matilda the Musical Website".
- "2013 Tony Nominations, Broadway World".
- "Flying High. A"WICKED" Fan site: Taylor Trensch will replace Etai BenShlomo as Boq January 24!". Flyinghighwithwicked.blogspot.com. 2011-12-11. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "Bare the Musical".
- "Starry Into the Woods Reading Cast".
- "Hunter Foster, Dick Latessa, Malcolm Gets, Jennifer Laura Thompson Will Star in Little Miss Sunshine". Playbill.com. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- [dead link]
- Moore, John. "2009 Denver Post Ovation Awards: All the winners". The Denver Post. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "E-Net! News and Information". Elon.edu. 2009-10-09. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
|This article about an American theatre actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|