Taylor Wane, Las Vegas, Nevada on 18 January 2014
27 August 1968 |
Gateshead, England, United Kingdom
|Other names||Farran Hytes, Miss Faren Heights, Taylor Wave, Zoey Miles, Taylor Wayne, Joanna, Joanna G, Fayrin Heitz, Farran Heights|
|Height||5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)|
|No. of adult films||287 as actress
32 as director (per IAFD)
Taylor Wane (born 27 August 1968) is the stage name of a British pornographic actress, director, model, and serial entrepreneur. She was inducted into the AVN Hall of Fame in 2005, the Legends of Erotica Hall of Fame in 2007 and the XRCO Hall of Fame in 2014. Wane is also the Penthouse Pet of the Month cover girl and centerfold for June 1994.
Wane initially wanted to be a teacher. However, at age 18, her mother entered her into a calendar girl competition, which she won. This led her to an interest in becoming a model and she was soon signed by an agency. After moving to London, she began working as a topless model. Next, she moved to Los Angeles, where she spent more than a year working as model for men's magazines. Wane began performing in the adult video industry in 1989.
Wane was the Penthouse Pet of the Month cover girl and centerfold in June 1994, and appeared several more times in Penthouse after that. In addition to Penthouse, she has been featured in several publications including Celebrity Skin, Bizarre Magazine, Gent, and Busty Beauties. In the latter, she had a monthly column as a Celebrity Editor, and was the November 2005 cover girl and centerfold, in addition to her regular features that included columns such as My Personal Diary, Tits and Bits and sex toy reviews. In 2005 alone, Wane made sixteen appearances in photo spreads in men's magazines including Genesis, Swank, and Oui. She also became a columnist for Adult Video News magazine that same year with a monthly column titled, Wane's World.
Over the course of her career, Wane has worked for production companies such as Brazzers, Caballero Home Video, Elegant Angel, Evil Angel, Gourmet Video Collection, Jules Jordan Video, Playboy, Prestige Video, Sin City, VCA Pictures, Vivid Entertainment, Wicked Pictures, Zane Entertainment Group, and Zero Tolerance Entertainment. In addition to being a performer and director, she also has writer, producer, and other crew credits to her name.
In May 2005 Wane hosted a special event at The Concorde in Hollywood. The event was a private showing of the artist Olivia's original art that featured Wane. Later that year she was a special guest on Playboy Night Calls hosted by Christy Canyon and Tiffany Granath.
Wane has appeared in minor roles in a variety of mainstream television and feature film productions. These appearances include roles in the 2000 Adam Sandler comedy Little Nicky and episodes in the comedy television series The Mind of the Married Man (HBO, 2002) and Burning Hollywood (2009). Wane has also been seen in episodes of TV shows such as Gene Simmons' Family Jewels, the Fox Reality Channel series My Bare Lady, and the FX channel's original series Nip/Tuck.
In 2009 alone Wane was cast in several feature films. In the Ben Affleck, Russell Crowe, and Rachel McAdams political thriller State of Play, Wane was cast as the head mistress of a sex club that was part of a murder investigation. The movie is based on a BBC mini-series. In the Ron Howard directed political drama Frost/Nixon, she was cast as a Playboy Playmate in a scene with a Hugh Hefner look-alike. Wane was cast as a dancer in both A Beautiful Life starring Dana Delaney, Bai Ling, and Debi Mazar, and in The Girl From The Naked Eye starring Jason Yee. In the latter, she was cast along with fellow adult film actress Sasha Grey.
Wane has her own production company called Taylor Wane Entertainment started in the mid 1990s. She has also been the host of radio shows on Spice Radio, which is on Sirius XM channel 103, and on KSEX Radio with a weekly night time talk radio show called The British Are Cumming.
In 2003 Wane launched her own limited edition X-rated quarterly comic book series in association with H Bomb Comics called Vamptrix. The design of the main character is based on Wane.
Wane and her husband also own and operate several websites which include TaylorWane.com, TaylorWane.net, PlanetPorno.com, MoBooty.com, and www.taylorwaynepeepcams.com. They also own an independent photo agency, Laurien Photographic, that licenses photos of Wane and other porn stars to stock agencies and magazines such as Hustler, Gallery, and Jugs.
Wane was honored by a platoon of U.S. Navy SEALs stationed in Iraq in 2007. An American flag was flown for twenty-four hours in honor of Wane as thanks for autographed pictures and correspondence she sent to them. Wane later received the actual flag framed with a Flag Citation. Few others were honored as it is customary for the platoon to vote on a list of people to be honored which typically include family and other service members. The platoon also voted to include actor Kevin Costner and professional golfer Tiger Woods.
Wane has hosted events to benefit breast cancer awareness as well as to raise funds for cancer, leukemia, and AIDS research for groups such as Breast Cancer Awareness Benefits Everyone (B.A.B.E.) and the T.J. Martell Foundation.
In 2007 after being honored by U.S. Navy SEALs, Wane and her husband created a poster that featured her wearing authentic Navy Seal combat gear. Autographed copies of the poster were sold with the proceeds going to the Disabled American Veterans foundation (DAV). The combat gear was auctioned off as well for an additional donation. Wane stated in 2008, "I support a lot of charities, and DAV is very close to my heart." "I could never be grateful enough or thankful enough for what the servicemen sacrifice for our freedom. They have courage like most of us will never know."
Also in 2008, Wane recorded and contributed a cover version of the holiday favorite "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" to the Rock 4 X-Mas charity fundraising album. The album also featured works by Rick Derringer, Spencer Davis, Gary Hoey & Joe Lynn Turner, John Ford, JK Northrup & Michael Vescera, and others.
- 1992 AVN Award – Best Couples Sex Scene, Film – X Factor - The Next Generation
- 1994 Penthouse Pet of the Month - June
- 2005 AVN Hall of Fame
- 2005 KSEXradio Listener's Choice Award – Funniest Porn Jockey
- 2006 KSEXradio Listener's Choice Award – Best Overall On-Air Personality
- 2006 AdultDVDReviews Critics Choice Award – Best Bust Series – Voluptuous Vixens
- 2007 Legends of Erotica Hall of Fame
- 2014 XRCO Hall of Fame
- The Blonde and the Beautiful (1993)
- Dirty Deeds (1996)
- More Than a Handful 10 (2001)
- Interactive Sex with Nurse Taylor (2004)
- Taylor Wane's Bedeviled (2004)
- Taylor Wane's Catfight Club 1, 2 (2004)
- Interactive Sex with Secretary (2005)
- Taylor Wane's Dirty Deeds (2005)
- Taylor Wane's DD Pizza Girls (2006)
- Taylor Wane's DD Wanna-be's (2006)
- Taylor Wane's Toxxxic Dreams (2006)
- The Breastford Wives (2007)
- Voluptuous Vixens 1, 2, 3 (2008)
- MILF Bone #4 (2012)
- Taylor Wane at the Internet Adult Film Database
- AVN Staff (2005-01-08). "2005 AVN Awards Show Winners Announced". AVN.
- "Legends of Erotica". Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- John Sanford (2014-02-18). "XRCO Announces 2014 Hall of Fame Inductees". XBIZ. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- "Taylor Wane AVN autobiographical essay". AVN.com. Retrieved 2008-09-14.
- Ramone, Mike. "AVN.COM BUSINESS PROFILE - Taylor Wane Entertainment: Glamour's Not Dead – Popularity of Chesty Icon's New Company Refutes Naysayers". Adult Video News. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Baker, Chip. "Taylor Wane to Host Olivia Viewing". Adult Video News. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Baker, Chip. "Taylor Wane Kicks Off Busy August Tonight on Playboy Radio". Adult Video News. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Ochs, Stephen. "Meet AVNInsider’s Newest Columnist: Taylor Wane". Adult Video News. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Staff. "Taylor Wayne Actress, Director, Writer". Amazon via IMDb. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Little Nicky at the Internet Movie Database
- "The Pony Ride" at the Internet Movie Database
- "The Porn Star" at the Internet Movie Database
- Kernes, Mark. "Taylor Wane Wraps Mainstream Movie Roles Busty XXX star featured in Ron Howard's 'Frost/Nixon' and more". Adult Video News. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Staff. "Sienna Sinclaire on Taylor Wane Spice Radio Show Tonight". Adult Video News. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Staff. "Taylor Wane Creates X-Rated Vampire Comic Book". Adult Video News. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Meyer, Frank. "Taylor Wane: A Porn Vampire's Bloodlust For Branding". Adult Video News. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Staff. "Taylor Wane to Launch New Toys". Adult Video News. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Stokes, Chip. "Taylor Wane Brings New Toys to AVN Adult Novelty Expo". Adult Video News. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Martinez, Carlos. "Taylor Wane Hosts Breast Cancer Benefit Starlet helps out local charity". Adult Video News. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "AVN Awards Past Winners". AVN Awards.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taylor Wane.|