From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Tazo Tea)
This article is about the tea distributor. For the 1990s fad game, see Tazos.
|Founded||1994 in Portland, OR|
|Headquarters||Kent, Washington, United States|
|Products||Teas & herbal teas|
Number of employees
|Approximately 50 (2010)|
|Parent||Starbucks as of 1999|
|Slogan||The reincarnation of tea.|
The company uses "New Age"-style marketing and product labeling. For example, every box of tea was once labeled as "blessed by a certified tea shaman" and an original tag line was "The Reincarnation of Tea."
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
- Roberts, Sam. (2015, March 25). "Steven Smith, a 'Marco Polo' of American tea, dies at 65," The New York Times. Accessed: March 29, 2015.
- "Tazo Tea Moving to Kent, WA; Starbucks Wants to Consolidate Operation". bePortland LLC. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Starbucks will buy Tazo tea company". Puget Sound Business Journal. January 13, 1999. bizjournals.com. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- Candice Choi; Sarah Skidmore (November 14, 2012). "Starbucks Buys Teavana". The Huffington Post.
- "Starbucks to open first 'tea bar' in New York City". New York Daily News.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tazo.|