Tbilisi State Medical University
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (September 2009)|
|Tbilisi State Medical University|
|თბილისის სახელმწიფო სამედიცინო უნივერსიტეტი|
|Motto||Latin: Per traditiones ad futurum|
|Rector||Prof. Zurab Vadachkoria|
Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) (Georgian: თბილისის სახელმწიფო სამედიცინო უნივერსიტეტი (თსსუ)) is a leading medical eniversity in Caucasus Region. TSMU was founded as Tbilisi Medical Institute in 1918 and became the Faculty of Medicine within the Tbilisi State University (TSU) in 1930. Tbilisi State Medical Institute was renamed to Medical University in 1992. Since that University operates as an independent educational institution.
Rankings & Reputation
Tbilisi State Medical University is ranked 5111 by 4icu world ranking and 3042 by Webometrics world ranking TSMU became one of the high-ranking state-supported institutions of higher education in the whole Caucasus region. Currently there are almost 5000 undergraduate and 203 postgraduate students at the University of whom 20% come from foreign countries.
Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) is a full member of the following international organizations and associations:
- European Universities Association (EUA)
- Association of Medical Education of Europe (AMEE)
- European Association of International Education (EAIE)
- European Medical Students Association (EMSA)
TSMU closely collaborates with:
- World federation of Medical Education (WFME)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Schwaitser World Academy (SWA)
Tbilisi State Medical University has undergone Institutional Evaluation Programme, performed by Association of European
- Rector - Prof. Zurab Vadachkoria
- Vice-rector - Prof. David Chavchanidze
- Vice-rector - Prof. Rima Beriashvili
- Chancellor - Prof. Zurab Orjonikidze
- Head of Quality Assurance - Prof. Irine Kvatchadze
- Official website
- TSMU Library website
- Informatory website
- Detail information about TSMU Radiology department
- Photo Gallery of University - Created by Asian Admission Office of the University
Tbilisi State Medical University is the largest Medical University in Caucasus region [Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan]. With more than 95 years of existence, this university currently educates 5000 students using 1200 Professors.
- Largest Medical University in Georgia, Caucasus and Eastern Europe
- Founded in 1918. Celebrating 90 years of existence
- Produced more than 40,000 Doctors
- Founder of Eastern European Medical Association
- Recognized/Listed by World Health Organization, Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, European Commission for Education, and World Federation of Medical Education.
- Member of International Association of Universities, European Universities Association.
- Signatory of Bologna Declaration - European Union Medical Syllabus
- Graduate, Post Graduate and Research Degrees are available in Surgical, Medical, Dental, Nursing and Pharmacy Fields.
- Located in Tbilisi - Capital of Georgia
- Medical courses are available in English, French, German and Russian Mediums.