Te Amo, Maging Sino Ka Man
|Te Amo, Maging Sino Ka Man|
|Also known as||Te Amo (Speaking the Language of Love)|
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Developed by||RJ Nuevas|
|Written by||Suzette Doctolero
|Directed by||Khryss Adalia
|Creative director(s)||Jun Lana|
Angelu de Leon
|Theme music composer||Tata Betita|
|Opening theme||"Maging Sino Ka Man"
sung by Nyoy Volante & Arnee Hidalgo
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||162 episodes|
|Executive producer(s)||Redgynn Alba|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Original channel||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i NTSC|
|Original run||February 2, 2004– September 17, 2004|
Te Amo, Maging Sino Ka Man or Te Amo (Speaking the Language of Love) (international title) is a Filipino drama television series created by RJ Nuevas and produced by GMA Network. The series headlines Iza Calzado, Jomari Yllana, Angelu de Leon and Argentine actor Segundo Cernadas (making it the very first Philippine television series to have its lead played by a foreign actor). It premiered on February 2, 2004 on the network's coveted GMA Telebabad block. From September 16, 2006 until March 1, 2007, the series aired worldwide on GMA Pinoy TV, shown every Saturday with back-to-back episodes. It was re-aired on GMA Life TV from June 23, 2009 to February 3, 2010 and its Englis-dubbed version on June 21, 2012 until November 19, 2012.
Rosella (Iza Calzado) is an orphan living with her cruel step mother and step sister in a small fishing village. Life was never easy for Rosela in the small fishing village she called home for many years. But her optimism never wavered. She stood firm and kept on believing that one day her prince will come, and together, they will live happily ever after.
Everything changes after she dropped the statue of their Patron Saint during a fluvial parade. Because of that, some people in their barrio are blaming Rosella for the misfortunes that have been happening to their town.
One fateful day, she found a mysterious gentleman (Argentinian actor Segundo Cernadas) washed up on the town’s shore. Battered, bruised and barely alive, the handsome stranger suddenly awoke and caught a glimpse of his beautiful rescuer.
Rosella went to the village to get some help but when they got to the shore the man was not there anymore. She did not know that some townsfolk already brought him to the clinic. When Rosella saw the man whom she believes as her prince charming she kissed him and he woke up. Fernando woke up. Rosella is hoping that he would recognize her, because she was the one who saved him but instead Kapitan Minong (Tonton Gutierrez) introduced Collette (Angelu de Leon) as his savior because she was the one who brought him to the health center.
Although Rosella knew that it was not Collete who saved Fernando, she did not say a word. A daydreamer as she is Rosella believes that Fernando is her prince charming.
Rosella was so ecstatic to meet Fernando. Rodelio (Jomari Yllana) introduced them when the tricycle they were riding almost hit Rosella. Meanwhile, her illusions of Fernando falling for her and her prince charming continues.
Coming out of the church after her prayer Rosella met an old woman who was asking for food. Rosella readily gave her bread. When she reached the bread the old woman touched her hands and read her palm. She said that very soon Rosella's destiny would change. Even Fernando has doubts that Collette was the one who saved him. He keeps getting images of the girl who saved him and he thinks that it is not Collete.
It seems that Fernando is avoiding the cops, he tried to hide when he heard that the cops are looking for him. He also tried to escape when they asked to take his picture. While trying to escape, Fernando bumped into Rosella. And a beautiful romance starts from there...
They journey in a world filled with scandals, rumors, and murderers to find true love between each other. Each interaction sparks an attraction that cannot be denied by either of the characters. Although they find each other, there are other people scheming to destroy the beautiful relationship that has been formed. Will they be able to find happiness in the end?
Cast of Characters
- Iza Calzado portrays Rosela Atilado, the beautiful yet illiterate fish vendor. Many people say that her life is like a teledrama, but for Rosela, her life is like a fairy tale. Just like Cinderella, she doesn't know who her real parents are and lived almost all her life enduring the cruelties of her ruthless stepmother, Belinda and stepsister, Gemma. She believes in happy ending, that is why despite all her difficulties in life, her optimism never wavered. All she wants is to reunite with her biological mother and to meet her "prince charming".
- Segundo Cernadas portrays Principe Aragon de Montenegro, the young man who mysteriously washes up on the shores of Sitio Batu-bato. He immediately wins the heart of the barrio men and as well as Rosela's. Who is he? Is he a simple foreigner who has lost his past? Or a real-life prince who found his way to Rosela's heart?
- Jomari Yllana portrays Rodelio Gamban, Rosela's childhood friend whose feelings for her deepen over the years. Will he be able to confide his feelings for Rosela? Or just remained to be her loyal best friend?
- Angelu de Leon portrays Colette Camacho, the mayor's flighty daughter who forever has an agenda. She is head over heels in love with Fernando and willing to fight tooth and nail for the latter's love and affection.
- Tonton Gutierrez portrays Minong Gamban, the hospitable Barangay Captain of Sitio Batu-bato who embodies the finer qualities of a leader.
- Elizabeth Oropesa portrays Belinda Manalo, Rosela's bitter stepmother who displays her resentment towards Rosela by outwardly favoring Gemma.
- Jennifer Sevilla portrays Gemma Manalo, Rosela's vain and ambitious step-sister who delights in the fact that she is their father's favorite.
- Jacklyn Jose portrays Carol Canonigo, Rosela's estranged mother who returns to the Barrio to search for her long, lost daughter.
- Johnny Delgado† portrays Mayor Arnaldo Camacho, the town mayor who embodies the worst in politicos... power-hungry, corrupt and greedy.
- Princess Punzalan portrays Amanda Camacho, the mayor's martyr wife who takes upon herself the penance for her family's sins.
- Ryan Eigenmann portrays Edwin Camacho, the mayor's rebel son who resents his own father and seeks comfort and love from his mother.
- Wilma Doesnt portrays Undang Banal, Rosela's loyal best friend who dreams of pursuing a modeling career in Manila.
- Ara Mina as Destiny, a wealthy hotel heiress who eventually becomes Rodelio's love interest.
- Ian Veneracion as Amiel, Destiny's arrogant ex-flame and Rodelios rival.
- Kier Legaspi as Flip, Edwin's friend who possesses a "bad boy" image. Later in the story, it was revealed that he and Edwin are lovers.
- Jan Marini Alano as Letty, Captain Minong's assistant who has a secret feelings from him.
- Perla Bautista as Catalina, Carol and Olivia's agonizing mother.
- Raquel Montesa as Mercy, Undang's bubbly mother.
- Mike "Pekto" Nacua as Nomi, a Sitio Batu-bato locale who eventually becomes Fernando/Prince Aragon's friend and confidante.
- Shermaine Santiago as Marie, Collete's best friend, assistant and confidante.
- Irma Adlawan as Olivia, Carol's evil sister.
- Lexi Schulze as Margarita, Prince Aragon/Fernando's fiancee.
- Basti Samson as Billy, Collete's arrogant avid suitor.
- Jaime Fabregas as Antonio, Destiny's domineering father.
- Orestes Ojeda as Crispin, Belinda's late husband.
- The theme song of the soap opera entitled Maging Sino Ka Man was originally performed by Rey Valera and revived by Sharon Cuneta for theme song of her movie with the same title. It was also revived by Erik Santos and Sam Milby for the theme song of ABS-CBN primetime drama Maging Sino Ka Man.
|Equatorial Guinea||MyTV Africa|