Teacher Training College of Bielsko-Biala
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
|Teacher Training College|
|Academic staff||about 150|
The Teacher Training College of Bielsko-Biala is an educational institution in Poland. Established in 1991, the Teacher Training College in Bielsko-Biała continues more than century-old traditions of teacher training in the city and region. It is the largest teacher training college in the country. Currently it trains and educates students in five specialities:
- Polish language, science information and librarianship,
- early education,
- mathematics with informatics,
- special education - rehabilitation pedagogy with elements of prevention,
- special education - oligophrenopedagogy.
All the education is done under the academic supervision of well-known universities:
- Jagiellonian University in Kraków (Polish: Uniwersytet Jagielloński)
- Pedagogical Academy in Kraków (Polish: Akademia Pedagogiczna w Krakowie)
- University of Silesia in Katowice (Polish: Uniwersytet Śląski)
- Jan Dlugosz Academy in Czestochowa (Polish: Akademia im. Jana Długosza w Częstochowie)
Graduates receive at once a College graduation diploma and BA (licencjat) degree awarded by either of the supervising universities. This allows them to continue their MA studies there.