|Type||Project management, Collaboration, CRM, Document Management|
|License||SaaS, GNU Affero General Public License3|
TeamLab Office is a multifunctional online office for small business including CRM system, document and project management toolset, Gantt chart and email aggregator. TeamLab is written in ASP.NET and translated to 20 languages. The subscription for TeamLab Office is based on the amount of portal users.
TeamLab started out in December 2009 as a simple collaboration platform that encompassed several social computing features (blog, forum, wiki, bookmarks). Since then product has been improved to meet companies‘ growing demands in project management functionality. In July 2010 Ascensio System released 2 new modules in addition to Community: Projects (intended to simplify project management) and Talk (corporate instant messenger).
In March, 2011 the company released a new enhanced version 3.0, which included a fourth module – Documents (intended for storing, sharing, co-authoring, editing files right on the portal).
By October 2011 Project management, Business collaboration and Document management modules became available on Android or iOS mobile devices. A month later two more modules were introduced, namely, Calendar and CRM.
In December 2012 TeamLab reached the final of Startup Battlefield at TechCrunch Moscow, was monetized and renamed as TeamLab Office.
In December, 2013 Ascensio System SIA released Teamlab Personal - cloud workspace, including Canvas-based processors for text documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Teamlab Personal is distributed freely for individual use.
TeamLab is available in three deployment solutions.
- SaaS version is intended for organizations interested in a ready-to-use service. Users can quickly start their corporate portal which is maintained and regularly updated by Ascensio System and hosted by Amazon.
- TeamLab source code is listed on SourceForge and available for everyone to download and deploy on own servers.
- Document Management
Teamlab Office includes fully featured online document processors built in HTML5 with the use of Canvas. The "Document Management" module enables users to create, edit, store and share documents online, integrate 3rd-party accounts such as Dropbox, Box, Google Drive and Skydrive.
Since December 2012 Teamlab Office provides collaborative simultaneous document editing and commenting.
- CRM system
- Project Management + Gantt Chart
- Collaborative toolset
- Email Aggregator
- Collaboration platform
- Collaboration software
- List of collaborative software
- Project management software
- List of project management software
- "TeamLab Linguistic Success and Plans". Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "TeamLab is out into the world!". Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "20 best web apps you've never heard of". Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Open Source Enterprise Collaboration Tool TeamLab Offers New Modules". Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "TeamLab — free and open-source Basecamp alternative". Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- "Teamlab: Free Social Networking for Your Business". Retrieved 2011-02-08.
- "Office 365 Outage Shouldn’t Affect You: 2 Productivity Suite Alternatives". Retrieved 2011-08-25.
- "DIY: Employ TeamLab as your company's collaboration tool". Retrieved 2012-03-03.
- "TeamLab, A Canvas-Based Document Editor, Wants To Send Microsoft Office 365 Back To The Drawing Board". Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Teamlab launches free alternative to Google Docs and MS Office". Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "An Online Office Suite That's A Real Alternative To Microsoft Or Google". Retrieved 2014-01-21.