Teamviewer on Windows 8
|Operating system||Android, iOS, Linux, OS X, Windows, Windows Phone, Windows RT|
|Type||Remote administration software, Web conferencing|
|License||Proprietary, free for private usage|
TeamViewer is a proprietary computer software package for remote control, desktop sharing, online meetings, web conferencing and file transfer between computers. The software operates with the Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, Windows RT and Windows Phone operating systems. It is also possible to access a machine running TeamViewer with a web browser. While the main focus of the application is remote control of computers, collaboration and presentation features are included.
TeamViewer may be installed with an installation procedure, although the 'Quick Support' version will run without installation. To connect to another computer, TeamViewer has to be running on both machines. To install TeamViewer, administrator access is required, but once installed it can be run by any user. When TeamViewer is started on a computer, it generates a partner ID and password (user-defined passwords are also supported). To establish a connection from a local client to a remote host machine, the local operator must communicate with the remote operator, request the ID and password, and then enter these into the local TeamViewer.
To start an online meeting, the presenter gives the Meeting ID to the participants. They join the meeting by using the TeamViewer full version or by logging on to http://go.teamviewer.com/ and enter the Meeting ID.
It is also possible to schedule a meeting in advance.
In the default configuration, TeamViewer uses one of the servers of TeamViewer.com to start the connection and the routing of traffic between the local client and the remote host machine. The software then determines how to establish a connection. In 70% of the cases, after the handshake a direct connection via UDP or TCP is established; the other connections are routed through TeamViewer GmbH's router network (via TCP or http-tunneling).
|Teamviewer 9||Dec 2013||New features: Open multiple connections in different tabs, Wake-on-LAN, customer modules, Copy and paste files via the clipboard, Simplified file transfer, Service queue, TeamViewer API, Desktop shortcuts, Notifications, Optimized video, Redesign
Compatibility: Remote control of Teamviewer 9 by Teamviewer 9 clients only, Meetings are accessible by Teamviewer 8,7 clients. TeamViewer 9 users can remote control TeamViewer 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
|Teamviewer 8||Dec 2012 ||New features: Session handover from one expert to another, Comment on sessions for billing documentation, Share selected groups with other TeamViewer accounts, Easy remote printing in your home office, Schedule online meetings easily in Microsoft Outlook, Session recording, including sound and video for perfect documentation, Remote sound and video, Remote account logout, Automatically lock of the computer after remote access, TeamViewer Management Console
Compatibility: Remote control of Teamviewer 8 by Teamviewer 9, 8 clients only, Meetings are accessible by Teamviewer 7 clients. TeamViewer 8 users can remote control TeamViewer 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
|Teamviewer 7||Nov 2011 |
|Teamviewer 6||Dec 2010 |
|Teamviewer 5||Dec 2009 |
- Remote desktop software
- Comparison of remote desktop software
- Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
- Remote Desktop Services
- Virtual Network Computing (VNC)
- TeamViewer V4desktop collaboration app now Mac-compatible Philip Michaels, Macworld
- Article comparing screen-sharing software, Seth Rosenblatt, Cnet download blog
- "TeamViewer 5 for Linux released". Support.teamviewer.com. 2010-04-15. Retrieved 2010-11-24.
- TeamViewer iPad App Provides Remote Access to PCs David Roe, CMSWire
- "App (Beta) for Android released". TeamViewer. 2010-11-24. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- "TeamViewer Touch App for Windows 8 released". Teamviewer. 2012-10-29. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "TeamViewer® Launches New App for Windows Phone 8". TeamViewer. 2013-06-11. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- Spick, Geoff, "Join the crowd", Teamviewer 4.1 (article), CMS Wire.
- "TeamViewer improves speed, messaging, presentations", Lee Mathews, Download Squad
- "TeamViewer Company". Teamviewer. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- Downloads, Teamviewer, retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Download of the Day, Rick Broida, Lifehacker.
- First steps: TV7 instant meeting (PDF), TeamViewer.
- "Security". Teamviewer. Retrieved 2010-11-24.
- "Security Statement" (PDF). TeamViewer. 2011.
- Snapfiles Teamviewer version history
- Teamviewer Newsfeed