The practice originally included Wendy Cheeseman's sister Georgie Wolton (née Cheeseman) who, as the only qualified architect of the group, allowed the practice to function. Georgie Cheeseman left after only a few months, leaving the remaining members to try and pass their professional exams while continuing to practice.
One of the first projects for Team 4 was a commission from Su Brumwell’s parents, Marcus and Irene Brumwell, to build a new house in Feock, Cornwall, called Creek Vean. They sold a Piet Mondrian painting bought from the artist in the 1930s, to fund the new house. Marcus Brumwell was the founder of the Design Research Unit. Creek Vean took 3 years to construct and was completed in 1966. It became the first ever house to win a R.I.B.A. Award. Creek Vean is a listed building, having been listed Grade II in 1998, and subsequently upgraded to Grade II*. It is listed as "Creekvean and Attached Entrance Bridge and Walls to Road, Feock".
Team 4 designed Skybreak House in Radlett, Hertfordshire. It was built between 1965 and 1966, and the interior of the house was used in the film A Clockwork Orange. The final project for Team 4 was the Reliance Controls building in Swindon, which was completed in 1967, just before Team 4 dissolved. It was noteworthy as it removed the separation of management and workforce by creating a common entrance and canteen.
- "Richard Rogers, Architect (1933-), From the House to the City". Design Museum. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Ian Lambot (Ed.), "Norman Foster: Buildings and Projects Volume 1 1964-1973", Watermark Publications (1991), ISBN 1-873200-01-3. Chapter 1 "Team 4" by Richard Rogers, pp. 14-15
- "Creekvean and Attached Entrance Bridge and Walls to Road, Feock". BritishListedBuildings.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- Miller, Keith (2003-06-28). "Making the grade: Creek Vean". London: The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- "Skybreak House". ArchINFORM. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- "Clockwork Orange filming locations". GeoCities. Archived from the original on 2009-10-19. Retrieved 2009-10-05.