K-Line (bus operator)
Optare Solo in Huddersfield in April 2010
|Service type||Bus services|
|Fleet||32 (October 2013)|
In May 2008 K-Line was purchased by Centrebus Holdings. It continued to trade as a separate entity. After Arriva purchased Centrebus Holdings in September 2013 it was decided to rebrand most of the business as Yorkshire Tiger however retain K-Line as a separate brand.
K-Line operate a number of public bus services in the Kirklees area. The company is only second to First Calderdale & Huddersfield in terms of the number of services operated in the Huddersfield area. The company also runs the FreeTownBus service in Huddersfield town centre, which is a free bus service running a circular route around the town centre.
K-Line provide several bus services in the Huddersfield area, running during the day Mondays to Saturdays, serving areas such as Almondbury, Brackenhall, Crosland Moor, Golcar, Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, Meltham, Milnsbridge, Mount, Netherton, Newsome, Quarmby and Scapegoat Hill. Buses also run to parts of Calderdale, such as Elland, Halifax, Hebden Bridge and Ripponden. K-Line only run one service on Sundays, the 900 (and then only between Easter and the third Sunday in October) and do not run any services during the evening. K-Line also operates the FreeTownBus service in Huddersfield.
As at October 2013 the fleet consisted of 32 buses.
- Companies House extract company no 3287940 Teamdeck Limited
- "Centrebus teams up with Arriva to rival First in Huddersfield" Buses June 2008
- Centrebus (Holdings) Limited Arriva 9 September 2013
- Arriva takes joint venture control busandcoach.com 12 September 2013
- Arriva unleases its Yorkshire Tiger busandcoach.com 9 October 2013
- "New bus network for rural South Calderdale". Metro. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- "Firm takes on bus services". Halifax Courier. Retrieved 24 October 2010.
- "South Kirklees List of Services". Metro. Retrieved 2 January 2008.
- "Timetable Leaflets". Metro. Retrieved 2 January 2008.
- "Huddersfield freetownbus". Metro. Retrieved 2 February 2010.