From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up -tech or tech in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Tech may refer to:
- an abbreviation for technology, and terms that are derived from it
- a technical problem, in airline jargon e.g. "the plane's gone tech"
- a technician, a worker in a field of technology e.g. "We may need to call in a tech"
- Tech 2 (or Tech II), an electronic On-board diagnostics tool for General Motors cars
- Tech N9ne (born 1971), rapper from Kansas City, Missouri
- Tech metal a subgenre of Heavy Metal
- The Tech River in France
- Ghettotech, the genre of Miami bass-techno fusion
- Tech Mo'r, a member of Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes
- A nickname for the Church of Scientology's teachings, dubbed Scientology Technology; also referred to as LRH (L. Ron Hubbard) technology as well
- USS Tech Jr. (SP-1761), a United States Navy patrol boat in commission during the autumn of 1917
- USS Tech III (SP-1055), a United States Navy patrol boat in commission from August to October 1917
Tech is used as a nickname for many universities, including:
- California Institute of Technology, also called "Caltech", a university in Pasadena, California
- Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech, in Gembloux, Wallonia, Belgium
- Georgia Institute of Technology, also called "Georgia Tech", a university in Atlanta, Georgia
- Illinois Institute of Technology, also called "Illinois Tech", a university in Chicago, Illinois
- Louisiana Tech University, also called "Louisiana Tech", a university in Ruston, Louisiana
- Tech (mascot), the fawn and white lineage of English bulldogs mascots
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, also called "MIT", a university in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Mid-Florida Tech, a public adult vocational school in Orlando, Florida
- Miller-Motte Tech, a chain of for-profit technical colleges throughout the Southern United States
- New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, also called "NMTech", a university in Socorro, New Mexico
- Northwestern University's Technological Institute
- Ogden-Weber Tech
- Texas Tech University, also called "Texas Tech", a university in Lubbock, Texas
- Tunbridge Wells Grammar School for Boys in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England (a politically incorrect reference to the school's previous guise)
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, also called "Virginia Tech", a university in Blacksburg, Virginia
- The term TeCH is also used in Northern Ireland to refer to Institutes for Further and Higher Education (IFHE). (See; Belfast Institute for Further and Higher Education)
- Brooklyn Technical High School, a New York City public high school
Tech also known as College, a place where students can enroll to a wide variety of courses and continue their education.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.