Technical coordinator (ARRL)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into American Radio Relay League. (Discuss) Proposed since December 2012.|
The American Radio Relay League technical coordinator (TC) is a section-level official appointed by the Section Manager to coordinate all technical activities within the section. The technical coordinator reports to the Section Manager and is expected to maintain contact with other section-level appointees as appropriate to insure a unified ARRL Field Organization within the section.
1. Supervise and coordinate the work of the section's technical specialists (TSs).
2. Encourage amateurs in the section to share their technical achievements with others through the pages of QST, and at club meetings, hamfests and conventions.
4. Serve as an advisor to radio clubs that sponsor training programs for obtaining amateur licenses or upgraded licenses in cooperation with the ARRL affiliated club coordinator.
5. In times of emergency or disaster, function as the coordinator for establishing an array of equipment for communications use and be available to supply technical expertise to government and relief agencies to set up emergency communications networks, in cooperation with the ARRL section emergency coordinator.
6. Refer amateurs in the section who need technical advice to local TSs.
8. Be available to give technical talks at club meetings, hamfests and conventions in the section.