From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (December 2007)|
|Type||Privately held company|
|Industry||Toys and games|
|Headquarters||Hong Kong (HQ)
New York City, New York (U.S.)
|Key people||Wayne Nathan, Co-Founder
Rich Migatz, Co-Founder
Eric Levin, Executive Vice President
|Products||Handheld electronic games and TV Games|
- 20Q: 20Q was invented in 1988 as an experiment for artificial intelligence. In 2004, Radica made the game handheld. However, in 2011, an improved version by Techno Source was introduced, featuring more answers and better interaction.
- Intellivision: Techno Source was one of the pioneers of the 'retro gaming' market, creating TV Game systems that plug directly into your TV. Their products were one of the reasons for the increased "popularity of these devices from a 30 million dollar industry 4–5 years ago to over 500 million dollars" today. After entering into a licensing partnership with Intellivision in 2003, Techno Source introduced the Intellivision 25, which features 25 original Intellivision games in one plug-and-play unit. With the success of the Intellivision 25 and its follow-up, the Intellivision 10, Techno Source sold over 1,000,000 units and received the National Parenting Center Seal of Approval in 2004.
- This line now includes the 2-player Intellivision X2 and the Intellivision 10 2nd Edition. According to the Blue Sky Rangers, the original programmers of the Intellivision games, Techno Source has sold more Intellivision games today than Mattel Electronics originally sold in the 1980s.
- Crayola: In 2003, Techno Source entered the preschool market by partnering with Crayola to create electronic handheld games and plug-and-play units. Two of their TV Game units, My First TV Play System  and My First Electronic Coloring Book, won the National Parenting Center Seal of Approval in 2004 & 2005 as well as the Dr. Toy Smart Play Smart Toy Award in 2005. They were also featured as part of CBS Marketwatch's coverage of the Licensing Show in 2004.
- Coleco: In 2005, the company partnered with Coleco to reintroduce their Head-to-Head handheld electronic games, which lets two players play against each other in football, basketball, baseball, and soccer simultaneously. Dr. Toy named Techno Source to its list of the 10 Best High-Tech Children's Products as well as one of the 100 Best Products for this assortment in 2005.
- Sesame Street: Techno Source expanded their preschool line through a licensing partnership with Sesame Street in 2005, producing a series of handheld electronic games and TV Game items that promote both entertainment and educational learning. Several of these products won multiple awards, such as the Dr. Toy Smart Toy Award and the Parent to Parent Adding Wisdom Award in 2006.
- Sudoku: Techno Source has benefited from the recent success of its handheld Touch Screen Sudoku, which was nominated for Game of the Year by the Toy Industry Association in 2006. A high-end version encrusted with Swarovski crystals was featured in the celebrity 'swag' given out at the 12th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- Rubik's: On 19 June 2006 it was announced that Techno Source has partnered with Rubik’s to create a line of electronic games to complement the original Rubik’s Cube.
- Activision: On 9 February 2006 it was announced that Techno Source has signed a worldwide licensing agreement with Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATVI) to develop and distribute products based on classic Activision properties from the 1980s, such as Pitfall 2, River Raid, Chopper Command, Barnstorming and Kaboom. The deal includes TV Plug and Play Systems and LCD-based handheld games, which were available at retail on September 2006.
- GamePlasma.com :: Gaming to the Next Level! :: GamePlasma Live BETA
- Sequential Tart: Eric Levin - PnP From The Source (vol VIII/iss 12/December 2005)
- Intellivision Classic Videogame System November 2004 News
- Intellivision Direct to TV
- Intellivision Classic Videogame System: National Parenting Center Seal of Approval
- theLogBook.com News » Games
- Dr. Toy's Smart Toys - 2005 Winners List
- Dr. Toy's 10 Best Children's Products - 2005 Winners List
- Dr. Toy's 100 Best Children's Products - 2005 Winners List
- Smart Toys Winners List - 2006
- Parent to Parent Adding Wisdom Award
- Grandparents Find Holiday Shopping Help in Early Toy Trends
- http://www.technosourcehk.com/prr-29.php 'Techno Source Puts A New Twist on Classic Rubik's Cube' Techno Source press release 19 June 2006
- http://www.technosourcehk.com/release-23.php 'Techno Source Brings Yet Another Classic Line of Video Games to Today’s Gamers with Newly Signed Activision Partnership press release 9 February 2006